Ice Cream Showdown Update - Dec 1st

Community Forums/Showcase/Ice Cream Showdown Update - Dec 1st

sswift(Posted 2005) [#1]
Here's the "completed" first shop for the male character. Might go back for a little touch up at the end, we'll see:

And here is the second shop for the male character, in progress. It's progressing much faster than the first shop did, which is great. At this rate, it could be done within a week, which would leave us with three weeks to get four more shops done, and cut scenes, and additional sprites...

... aaand I'm not particularly convinced at this point that all the art will be done by the end of December, but I'm trying to squeeze my finances a bit to get me through the end of February. So if he can get the shops done by the end of December at least, we should still be good.

If you've been waiting to buy one of my systems or my texture generator, now would be a good time! :-)

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2005) [#2]
looking good.

big10p(Posted 2005) [#3]
The images aren't showing for me.

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2005) [#4]
WHat he said.

Grey Alien(Posted 2005) [#5]
images really slow to download, no wait .... stuck.

Anatoly(Posted 2005) [#6]
Worked fine and fast for me...
Cool!

big10p(Posted 2005) [#7]
OK, they're working now. Looking good.

Looking at the tables and chairs in the second shot: is your artists modeling stuff in 3D before rendering to 2D?

sswift(Posted 2005) [#8]
big10:
Only for a couple things. I think he modeled those chairs and the wagon wheels in 3d, and that's it.

Really, I think only the chairs were really neccessary because they were complicated in shape and there were several copies to be made at different angles. So it's easier this way.

big10p(Posted 2005) [#9]
Yeah, I guess it makes sense if you're doing an object at several angles - saves time in the long run. Didn't notice the wheeels until you mentioned it. They do look a bit polygonal around the rims, but not too bad. :)

Ice9(Posted 2005) [#10]
How many rats can you find?
I count 4

sswift(Posted 2005) [#11]
I see one, which will move from location to location each round. :-)

Grey Alien(Posted 2005) [#12]
yeah looks good. 4 rats all on the first pic.