Form editor GUIde now with Blitz Max support

Community Forums/Showcase/Form editor GUIde now with Blitz Max support

Wiebo(Posted 2005) [#1]
A new version of GUIde has been released!! GUIde is a form editor which helps you create your applications with more ease.
Biggest addition is Blitz MAX support. The current GUIde version is Windows only, because it's written in Blitz Plus.

You can get the demo version from the GUIde website: http://members.home.nl/wdw/guide

Note: If you have bought GUIde before and have not recieved this update via email then please email be so I can send it to a working email address. Thanks =]

EOF(Posted 2005) [#2]
Great stuff Wiebo. The BlitzMax code export works fantastically well.

Suggestions for future updates:

- Hotkey assignments for the menu items
- support for the new Max-only styles such as:

Windows - WINDOW_ACCEPTFILES
Labels - LABEL_FRAME etc..

Actually, since you have a combobox selector which can select 'BlitzMax' mode any chance of replacing style numbers with the Max style constant names?

As it stands though, the form editor saves bags of time and works without a glitch.

** Recommended purchase **

Difference(Posted 2005) [#3]
Looks good.

Does the BlitzMax code compile with Strict and SuperStrict?

Will there be some kind of guide/option for putting GUIs/partial GUIs (windows/Dialogs) into objects?

Wiebo(Posted 2005) [#4]
Jim: thanks for your nice comments. I will add yours (and other) recommendations to the mix in a few days =]

Peter: Working on Strict and Superstrict.
I'm in the process of thinking how to port guide to bmax. I will go full oop then, but for now the export is like the one which can be seen on the guide product page. My idea is to create a processor which will create the gui for you from a seperate xml file with the form definition.

Booticus(Posted 2005) [#5]
I just bought it. Looks great, CANT WAIT FOR SUPERSTRICT!!!! :) I appreciate your hard work! I'll enjoy fiddling with it!