Barbarian Roller Rally

Community Forums/Showcase/Barbarian Roller Rally

agent4125(Posted 2005) [#1]
You're a barbarian on roller skates, jumping over obstacles and decapitating anyone that gets in your way! Grab the flags on all five levels to win.

Barbarian Roller Rally Download Page

Ferminho(Posted 2005) [#2]
Oh man, not another skating-barbarian-decapitator...

just joking, I'll give it a go when I'm home. Looks funny

boomboommax(Posted 2005) [#3]
installer = deleted:/ (why not just zip/rar)

xlsior(Posted 2005) [#4]
Cute.

You may want to consider adding a full screen mode? At the relatively low resolution, the windows backdrop gets pretty distracting

Warpy(Posted 2005) [#5]
Hahahaha, that's brilliant! Inspired! Love the widescreen format, the simple graphics, and the game's actually quite fun :D

Actually, that's given me an idea for a total rip-off game, hope you don't mind ;)

Grey Alien(Posted 2005) [#6]
"Oh man, not another skating-barbarian-decapitator..." lol!

looks cool I'll try it later. It is a good point that I rpefer .zip/rar to installer unless it's a pro game made for release, then I guess you expect an installer.

[btw] I loved non-stop action hero so this is bound rock and "roll" ha.

xlsior(Posted 2005) [#7]
It is a good point that I rpefer .zip/rar to installer unless it's a pro game made for release, then I guess you expect an installer.

Agree 100% with that.

Grey Alien(Posted 2005) [#8]
It's cool. Duck and different obstacles would add a whole extra layer of challenge. Also a new weapon! Does it get faster later I couldn't tell?

btw you can't read the Press Space to Continue text on the end of the second level (or level 3 as poss. others).

What's it made in Max, 3D, Plus?

Warpy(Posted 2005) [#9]
b3d, because it wouldn't run on my tablet.

Banshee(Posted 2005) [#10]
I died to a mushroom!

Brilliantly original, I love it.

big10p(Posted 2005) [#11]
This is pure class. I love it. :)

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2005) [#12]
Great title and looks like lots of fun!

EOF(Posted 2005) [#13]
Joe - You've done it again. Genious!!!

I love your game characters and the C64 feel.
Please do a Kung Fu Master style game. I know you can pull it off.

BlackJumper(Posted 2005) [#14]
I don't tend to download games nowadays... not enough time...

... but I simply couldn't resist this. Sheer class. Like it a lot.

Grey Alien(Posted 2005) [#15]
The c64 style chip music helps.

big10p(Posted 2005) [#16]
Need more levels. The 5 were over too quickly. :)

Picklesworth(Posted 2005) [#17]
I rpefer .zip/rar to installer unless it's a pro game made for release, then I guess you expect an installer.

I think installers are better, because then nobody whines about it being RAR, even though RAR is a superior format and everyone should use it.

Looks amusing, I'll try in a minute :)

Anatoly(Posted 2005) [#18]
MORE LEVELS!!! BIGGER LENGTH! MORE ENEMIES!!! GIVE US SOME BLOOD MAN!!!
Other than that - great!
Kinda reminded me of Agent X level where you run and have to hit evemies or jump-kick them...
Great music too!

deps(Posted 2005) [#19]
Great game! And as already said it needs more and bigger levels and more enemies. And I agree on the blood request. :)

Neuro(Posted 2005) [#20]
Excellent....I hope someone makes a Roman-Knight-Ninja-Baseball Warrior next!

EOF(Posted 2005) [#21]
I vote for "Non-Stop Kung Fu Fighter"

agent4125(Posted 2005) [#22]
Thanks, everybody for your kind comments. =)

Regarding the installer: Sorry, I don't distribute zips anymore since I have encountered users that can't find games unless they are in the Start menu. Thanks in advance for not turning this thread into a debate about distribution files.

@Warpy - rip away. =)

@Grey Alien. Yes, it gets faster with each successive level. It was made in Blitz3D. I'll fix the font color in the next patch, thanks. I have thought of adding ducking, etc, but I wanted to keep it as simple as possible.

@Jim Brown - thanks! I've thought of doing a Kung Fu Master type game (I even have a title) but I have a pretty large back log of other works in progress right now that I want to finish up.

@Anatoly,deps - This is kind of a throwaway game for me, actually, so I don't plan on expanding it right now. I figured I spilled enough blood in Action Hero, that this one would be "clean." Isn't decapitation good enough? =D

Joe

Ferminho(Posted 2005) [#23]
Finally got my hands on it! simple but great! I love it :)

Panno(Posted 2005) [#24]
wha its so funny ... i like it !!!

it remember me on Bart the Barbarian from (Anthony Flak)

JoeRetro(Posted 2005) [#25]
nicely done...we need more levels

Blitzplotter(Posted 2006) [#26]
we likes it lots, the roller skates and the swords and the bad guys ROOCCKKK !!!!!!!!!!!