Quelque chose de nouveau

Community Forums/Showcase/Quelque chose de nouveau

Warpy(Posted 2005) [#1]
(French blitzers - should that be nouveau or nouvelle? My French A-Level was undeserved!)

Anyway, here's something new I've just made. I won't describe it, because it's so mindblowingly spiffy you couldn't possibly begin to understand it.

Post-Herbie Lindsay Lohan tiny .bmx zip

BlackJumper(Posted 2005) [#2]
Can we have an .exe ?

... While I accept that a Warpy Production (TM) would be worth buying BMax for just to be able to compile it - I am holding off on buying BM until I have loads of spare time to get to grips with it.

big10p(Posted 2005) [#3]
I don't have BMax. :/

Ross C(Posted 2005) [#4]
me neither...

Warpy(Posted 2005) [#5]
Crumbs, here you go.
EDIT: It needs the instructions.txt from the zip file.

Rimmsy(Posted 2005) [#6]
j'aim ca! (I think)

Réno(Posted 2005) [#7]
I can't run it : it opens a quick window and close in the same time...

Diablo(Posted 2005) [#8]
well i can... It looks kool, like the effects. gJob Warpy

Warpy(Posted 2005) [#9]
Bump! :D
I've changed it a bit so it looks a bit more fun. I'm going to add a GUI now so you can edit the equations and the solutions yourself.

Diablo(Posted 2005) [#10]
looking better warpy. I like the alpha fall off (if it was there before I didn't see it).

John Blackledge(Posted 2005) [#11]
Same as Reno.

Rimmsy(Posted 2005) [#12]
Well I know mine didn't work either. It moaned about not having an fmod.dll to run. Which is a bit strange considering it doesn't use fmod or even sound for that matter. I had to stick the fmod.dll in there for it to run. Just thought it was my setup but it might be something to do with bmx.

deps(Posted 2005) [#13]
Looks cool!

xlsior(Posted 2005) [#14]
opens and immediately closes.

Ferminho(Posted 2005) [#15]
Lol. Interesting. It crashed sometimes, though

Exactly what is this for? I mean, are you doing it for fun or for some project?

big10p(Posted 2005) [#16]
xlsior, reno etc: You also need the instructions.txt file from the original dl, at the top.

Difference(Posted 2005) [#17]
opens and immediately closes her too so though I'd like to, I cant' go: it's warpy! :(

big10p(Posted 2005) [#18]
*slaps forehead*

Warpy(Posted 2005) [#19]
Thanks, big10p :)

If you can't be bothered to read the thread, I can't be bothered to tell you what to do.

BlackJumper(Posted 2005) [#20]
I'm going to add a GUI now so you can edit the equations and the solutions yourself.

... let me know when that becomes "I'm going to add a GUI now so you can edit the equations and my built-in Solver will generate solutions itself."

Maths teachers the world over will shower you with love...

Warpy(Posted 2005) [#21]
dude, mathematica.

Oh, and shouldn't maths teachers know how to solve equations themselves?

Difference(Posted 2005) [#22]
s coming out and beginning his speech. Despite the crowd of 80,000 (to take Governor Doyle's number as the fact), which packed the streets for blocks, I got within 40 feet of John Kerry and was able to photograph aside from a perimeter of loosely hinged-ut labore et dolore magna aliquyam erat, sed diam voluptua. At vero eos et accusam et justo duo dolores et ea rebum. Stet clita kasd gubergren, no sea takimata sanctus est Lorem iptogether who said I could read anyway??? metal gates and a handful of Madison police lolling about at the roa. No one mod tempor invidunt ut labore et dolore magna albothered the few peop characters -- and many of them had been standing around for four speech itself you already know, so there's nothing to report there. The most alright it's warpy allright

BlackJumper(Posted 2005) [#23]
Oh, and shouldn't maths teachers know how to solve equations themselves?

Yes, but to teach others this skill often requires sourcing gimmicks and snazzy toys... This could be one of them. Many students could be enticed into learning how to simplify equations if the equations would put on a 'show' for them :-)

Warpy(Posted 2005) [#24]
Yeah, that's what it's for, but I think an automatic solver is a bit too far...

Warpy(Posted 2005) [#25]
OK, I've uploaded a new version now (Here for the eejits who can't read) with a pretty drawing effect :)
The GUI still hasn't happened though...