CrazyBumpa 1.0 Freeware

Community Forums/Showcase/CrazyBumpa 1.0 Freeware

kochOn(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hi there!

I m proud to present you my last creation.

CrazyBumpa is a remake of an old computer game called BUMPY from Loriciel.
Find more infos here.

Please post comments, criticisms, whishes,... to make this game growing.
I also need level designers to make levelpacks that i could certify and add to the next realize. No matter how much levels in the pack if this one is well designe.

Thanks, köchOn
köchOn

big10p(Posted 2005) [#2]
I keep getting stuck at the bottom-left corner of level 2. The ball constantly bounces against the destructible wall piece to the right of it but it doesn't destruct and no controls have any effect. What am I doing wrong?

kochOn(Posted 2005) [#3]
Don't worry big10p!

You've lost all your keys so you cannot open the only important door of the level. In this case, the only key available Is [S]uicide!!!

Take a look at the readme.txt

Keys are usefull to progress but can be lost uselessly, be careful!

You can watch some demos by letting quiet your keyboard for 10 seconds in the main menu.

Grey Alien(Posted 2005) [#4]
I like it a lot, it's cool.

It doesn't help that the bottom left platform is sloped so if your keys are gone you get stuck in an infinite boucing loop, it seems like a bug even though it isn't.

btw when I press esc in-game a pause thing flashes up and disappears, it's really quick. I an only tapping the esc key not holding it.

Also on game over it goes back to the "select level" screen and it took me ages to figure out you have to press esc to go back to the main menu! Prehaps after game over it should just go back to the main menu.

big10p(Posted 2005) [#5]
OK, thanks kochonkichi. I did actually read the readme.txt but had a bit of trouble understanding some of it, sorry. :) I'll give it another go, anyway...

kochOn(Posted 2005) [#6]
Grey Alien,
the escape key during the game works fine for me.
Need to know your computer specs (including gfx card).

Note that the game must run approximately at 60 frames per second. You can show the FPS by pressing Ctrl+F9.

I don't think returning to the level selection menu after the end of the game is a bad thing. Mainly when there are more than one level to choose. Only needs to post infos on the screen on how to return to the main menu.

Anatoly(Posted 2005) [#7]
Great! But somehow that's not the game I remember...
Here's the shot of the old game

And it had nothing to do with putting out fires and keeping items from previous levels...
The goal was just to grab everything and exit the level...
Strange...

kochOn(Posted 2005) [#8]
Grey Alien, I think I ve found the ingame hold problem.
I believe you ve got an analogic stick connected and i need to modify some sensibility values.

Anatoly, the game you are talking about is Bumpy's Arcade Adventure. Bumpy was realized before, and on my old CPC, my preferences goes to BUMPY ;)

Grey Alien(Posted 2005) [#9]
My specs are in my sig but I'll post them in case sigs are turned off:

P4 0.0032THz(HT), 0.001TB DDR RAM, 0.41Tb Hard Disk, Radeon 9800XT, XP SP2 + some other stuff

just times all the THz/TB stuff by 1000 to get GHz/GB.

And yeah I do have an analgue stick connected but I wasn't using it, however after fiddling with the trim settings on the joystick I got the pause menu to stay.

Good idea about "Press esc to return to menu" text on level select screen.

octothorpe(Posted 2005) [#10]
I can't say I'm a fan of this type of gameplay, but excellent delivery! The cartoon style comes off very well, and the particle effects are elegant - not too flashy. I like.

Grey Alien: computer memory is measured in powers of two, so you either have 0.0009765625TiB or 0.001073741824TB of RAM. Or simply 1GiB. ;)

Grey Alien(Posted 2005) [#11]
octothorpe: I know ... I was trying to simplify it so people didn't have to multiply by 1024! ;-) Note that of course Hard Drive manufactures have been conning us for years by only using x1000 and x1,000,000 etc. This actually mounts up on a large drive. I believe the difference in notation is supposedly a large or small B, but can't remember which is which.

Matt McFarland(Posted 2005) [#12]
I think this game is great, and I think the gameplay is good too. I just think the first levels are too hard so I made a "learning to play" gamepack you should put before the levels ;)

I emailed the EZ levels (that I suggest) to you :)

Two things:

Water does not go down (even though you dont have it it still shows highest number)

Cant kill yourself when you're stuck

Grey Alien(Posted 2005) [#13]
S key for suicice?

kochOn(Posted 2005) [#14]
I ve returning you a mail Matt!

thanks for the water bug, i will fixe it quickliy!
I will add more infos on the [S]uicide key too.

kochOn(Posted 2005) [#15]
There is an update on my Site with some minor changes and two new certified packs.
CrazyBumpa's Page

Bye, köchOn

Grey Alien(Posted 2005) [#16]
glad to see you've made some small changes. The pause thing works fine now. The "Press Escape to go back to main menu" text is a bit small and out of the way, I had to look for it and I knew it was going to be there, it could be under the level pack menu so it's more obvious or perhaps just a "Back" option on the to menu!

Anyway it's a cool game.