Star Fighter Max - download 2.4 mb

Community Forums/Showcase/Star Fighter Max - download 2.4 mb

Neuro(Posted 2005) [#1]
(Source code updated to 1.01 to worked with v1.12 of BlitzMax)
Lets take a journey back to the early 1990s......when arcade shootem-ups were all the rage!

Star Fighter Max 1.01
---------------------------
The galaxy is being attack by the Invading Force. Only YOU can save the galaxy. So jump in your star fighter and go kick some alien ass!

Download Here (Executable, Media, Full BlitzMax Source Code - 2.4 mb) : www.3d-design.0catch.com/StarFighterMax/StarFighterMax101.zip

IPete2(Posted 2005) [#2]
Neuro,

Looks good dude!

Many thanks - downloading now!

IPete2.

octothorpe(Posted 2005) [#3]
Nicely done. Finally a game challenging enough for me to want to use my gamepad! Fun.

One thing: with two wingmates and last weapon, a direct hit on a mothership (especially the last one) creates a rediculous amount of slowdown (<10fps on a 1.6GHz w/ nVidia GeForce4 MX 440.) You might want to set a maximum on the number of particle (effects) you create.

ErikT(Posted 2005) [#4]
Good fun and very challenging, except for the mothership on lvl 1 which was pathetic =] Thanks for sharing.

Grey Alien(Posted 2005) [#5]
A good blast. It's hard at first and then gets quite easy and the mothership died "just like that". I was gonna say cool music has an "original" feel then I read the credits ;-). Oh yeah it does slow down on the mothership bits.

btw on the game over screen you can type in your name nuntil it goes off the screen!

Grey Alien(Posted 2005) [#6]
btw do you realise you given away all the source code? That's very nice of you.

Neuro(Posted 2005) [#7]
Thanks guys!

with two wingmates and last weapon, a direct hit on a mothership (especially the last one) creates a rediculous amount of slowdown

Yah, I could of lowerd the particle amount, but I purposely left it that way so the slow down would cause sort of a dramatic effect when the boss blows up....guess it really didnt :/

But the source code is there and you're fee to change if neccessary.

Good fun and very challenging, except for the mothership on lvl 1 which was pathetic =]

Lol! I hope the other bosses werent too wimpy.... a lot of the testers were those RTS/MMORPG type players and they all thought the game was kinda hard....so I lowered the shield power on the enemy ships.

I was gonna say cool music has an "original" feel then I read the credits ;-).

Sorry....I'm not that good....the game itself was inspired from the Soldier Blade game which I thought captured the shootem-up genre at one of its finest....so why not use the elements from it? Of course....all the music/graphics can easily be switched to something original...for a future project....
btw do you realise you given away all the source code? That's very nice of you.

Yah...although several of my friends tried to talk me out of it, I decided to give away the full source since I think others would benefit more out of it.....plus I dont think anything I did is anything too special anyways.

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2005) [#8]
I think it's a pretty good game overall. It reminds me so much of Deluxe Galaga on the Amiga. I think maybe the graphics could've had more detail in higher resolutions rather than look scaled-up, but they're okay. Also sometimes there is just too much stuff moving too fast it's practically impossible to avoid it. If it were more geared towards accurate shooting rather than mostly accurate dodging I think it might be better. But I do like it.

Neuro(Posted 2005) [#9]
Thanks...it was just a mindless shooter. Also my first attemp at BlitzMax programming........but definately not my last!