Enemy Pathway Editor (SPLINEMAGIC FINAL) RELEASED

Community Forums/Showcase/Enemy Pathway Editor (SPLINEMAGIC FINAL) RELEASED

Matt McFarland(Posted 2005) [#1]
SplineMagic allows you to develop complex enemy movement patterns and deploy them into your game with the press of a button. SplineMagic was designed so that you can make sprites move around in loops, jump from spot to spot, or dive down fast and then retreat back up slowly. With SplineMagic you can make movement patterns similar to Galaga(including the bonus levels) or even side scrollers such as R-Type.

Features Include

1. User Manual - Find out how to get started, and get going fast. This guide is not very deep, but it'll get you making splines in minutes.
2. Tutorial - A short and sweet Tutorial that shows you an example of how the spline export data is used in a game.
3. Mirror / Flip / Move / Scroll - Your spline can be mirrored, flipped, moved and you can scroll to -1000X if you want to.
4. Ghost - Now you can ghost one spline, and make another in the process. The Ghost spline is used as an excellent reference
5. Save / Load - Save your splines for future reference.
6. Custom Clipboard Export - Export the splines in Array format, export them with custom names.
7. Extremely Fast - Paste the data you need straight into your IDE. Make a spline, or load a few, and start pasting all the movement patterns directly into your game's IDE.

And the best part
It's 100% Freeware... Load it up and have some fun. :)

ScreenShot: http://www.codersworkshop.com/viewshowcase.php?id=560
Direct Download: http://mcfarlandgames.5u.com/splinemagic.exe - 900kb

Qweeg(Posted 2005) [#2]
Excellent Stuff Matt. This is so useful for anyone doing shooters - I didn't have a clue how to go about coding complex motion paths and this makes things so easy! Glad I could be involved in this, and looking forward to your next project - GLParticleMagic? :)

Cheers,
Tim

Barnabius(Posted 2005) [#3]
Nice work, but the final version opens a console. Any particular reason for that?

Also, old versions were available with source code. The latest one is not. I can understand why you don't want to release the final version's source but having source was convenient for all of people using Macs. Any chance for the source or at least a Mac compiled executable?

Barney

Matt McFarland(Posted 2005) [#4]
Tim, Thanks! Was a pleasure working on this with you. :)
Barney, this program shouldn't work with Mac regardless because it uses a Win32 Clipboard. I'm not sure why its putting a console up. I noticed that too. Must be the way I built the app, or because its running off a shortcut in the start menu? If anyone wants to prot it to mac let me know

Regards,
Matt

Yan(Posted 2005) [#5]
In the BMax IDE, make sure 'Program>Build Options>Build GUI App' is enabled.