Zone Editor V1.0

Community Forums/Showcase/Zone Editor V1.0

Xzider(Posted 2005) [#1]
I was making a zone editor for my game (Made it very quick and sloppy but.) And threw this together.. So if anyone finds it useful,go ahead and use it,if not, im sure theres alot,alot better then this. Please read the ReadMe.html in the folder.

-Edit- I am making a 3D Rpg (online hopefully) . This is a 3D Zone Editor, I dont have any screenies for the actual editor..The zone editor is really a "placement tool" It doesnt come with any 3D models whatsoever, but it does write all the info to a .zdt file, so you dont have to individually place it with code.. There is a loadzone library that comes with this, so you dont have to write the code to load the .zdt file yourself.Also, in the program, on each object are the words "HERE" to select an object to move,or rotate,you must right click and hold those words..(sloppy i know) Everything you need to know is in the ReadMe.html file. -/Edit- But I did place this zone in using it -
(the following models from FreeWorld Online and Turbosquid.com,I didnt make any of these models and full right belongs to thier owners)

Known Bugs - When you press 'load' button, you cannot see the text, but it does say, "What zone to load" (example: Zone1.zdt,you would type in Zone1.)
-
Features -
Load .zdt (Zone Data File) zone files
Save .zdt (Zone Data File) zone files)
Load Mesh Objects
Duplicate Loaded Object(Improving)
Exit - Exits from program..duh...=-)

-
Update 24th November 005

You can delete objects you dont want.
Just made things better..And Smoother
When a entity doesnt exist, it wont just kick you out with an error..A pop up window comes up and doesnt kick you off the editor .
Custom Tree Generator feature now supported. This asks for a 3D trunk and a 3d branch and the textures for both. Then it generates a tree with the information provided.If you do not have a seperate trunk or branch, just use the Create Object feature.
-
Upcoming features - (Buttons already in the program,features are not there though=P)
Create Sprites Feature
Duplicate Sprite Feature
-

This editor is not a very good editor, if you want to use a better editor,there are some on this site located in the toolbox section of blitzbasic.com:)

Here it is - Comments and Criticize welcome
www.sitesled.com/members/xelev/Projects/WorldEditor.zip

If you want to leave a suggestion,or need support please email Leaedas_Treehopper@...

Matt McFarland(Posted 2005) [#2]
Could you please post more information about it? Perhaps you could put a screenshot, and maybe a quick "run-down" on how it works? As you know, a "zone editor" doesnt really explain much of what it is. Is it 2D? is it 3D? top-down? side-view? etc? what versions of blitz is it for? What type of game were you making it for? etc, etc, etc. :)

Xzider(Posted 2005) [#3]
Comments welcome, Thanks Matt

Xzider(Posted 2005) [#4]
New features added.