Nebula Wars Online High Score Board

Community Forums/Showcase/Nebula Wars Online High Score Board

Jeremy Alessi(Posted 2005) [#1]
Here's a new little update to my tiny pet project. It's not got an online score board and some sound effects that change pitch depending on the color of the baddie you shoot.

http://www.leadfootproductions.com/InstallNebulaWars.exe

xlsior(Posted 2005) [#2]
#9 in the highscore table by staying in the center, moving the mouse in circles with the button pressed.

Cute, but so much blurring going on on the screen that it's near impossible to tell what you're doing, or where you're at.

Matt McFarland(Posted 2005) [#3]
Jeremy,

Could you be so kind as to share with us how you made an online highscore table? I want to do this for my up-coming game too!

big10p(Posted 2005) [#4]
Linky no worky.

jkrankie(Posted 2005) [#5]
Yeah, it would be really great if you could show us how you did the online hiscores

cheers
Charlie

Jeremy Alessi(Posted 2005) [#6]
Got it all running again. Me and Kmc have been going back and forth. I got an 836 today!!! Pretty insane ... let's see who can beat it!

Perturbatio(Posted 2005) [#7]
I got third. Is it supposed to blur that much? i.e. the screen ends up white?

Jeremy Alessi(Posted 2005) [#8]
It's supposed to blur a lot ... but my screen maintains all the colors ... doesn't turn white. I may have to tweak it if it's turning completely white.

Perturbatio(Posted 2005) [#9]
the pieces show as very blurred lines swirling, but the black background turns completely white after about 20 seconds play.

Jeremy Alessi(Posted 2005) [#10]
Sounds like your gamma is set up really high maybe. Mine just turns into a mishmash of colors ... it's not supposed to be all white.

Perturbatio(Posted 2005) [#11]
The only adjustment I made to my gamma settings was for video overlay (for DVD's etc), but even when restoring to defaults it still happens.

AdrianT(Posted 2005) [#12]
mine turns all white in about 10 - 20 seconds too. The screenshots on your GG plan looked completely different.

VP(Posted 2005) [#13]
All white here too.

AdrianT(Posted 2005) [#14]
here's a little video, same on all 3 computers I tried. 1mb file

http://s93153354.onlinehome.us/Movie_0001.wmv

both desktops have nvidia cards, and a notebook has god knows what in.

Kind of looks like you have additive/ 2x multiply on or something.

Jeremy Alessi(Posted 2005) [#15]
Oh crud! LOL, yeah I have the 2X on cause I wanted it to glow a bit but it doesn't seem to be working right on some other systems. Let me change that! Thanks for the video.

Jeremy Alessi(Posted 2005) [#16]
I'm uploading a new one ... it's not quite as cool without the 2X but it's a lot easier to see. Still looks nearly the same though. Ok it's up!

AdrianT(Posted 2005) [#17]
well it works now, allthough I'm not sure if its working 100%.
The build I played a week ago had shootin in, this one doesn't and the player ship seems to disappear after a few seconds.

Here's whathappens when I try mouse control.

I can turn the ship as expected, cursors move the ship. when I press left mouse it fires once but then a name requestor pops up. I type a name and it goes to the score table.

Seems like left mouse is ending the game somehow?

I couldn't find the firebutton in keyboard controls and my ship disappears.

Just tried again, I assume the space bar is supposed to be fire? on mine spacebar dletes the player ship and no bullets are visible.

Perturbatio(Posted 2005) [#18]
It still goes white for me. Also, it looks like the enemies can spawn almost directly beneath you which makes it a tad tricky to avoid.

Jeremy Alessi(Posted 2005) [#19]
Maybe you got the older version somehow? It's strange because someone else reported that the white is gone for them. Anyone else check it out ... it shouldn't be so hard to see now.