CG_01

Community Forums/Showcase/CG_01

jkrankie(Posted 2005) [#1]
I've recently put up a website charting the development of my game, CG_01. It's a robotron/asteroids style shooter with big flashy explosions and stuff.

you can have a look at

http://www.charliesgames.co.uk/

NEW, Mac and Windows Demos now available

cheers
charlie

Grey Alien(Posted 2005) [#2]
If you get rid of [url] from around your web address, we'll be able to click on it insetad of having to copy/paste it.

Can't try it yet as I am PC based, sorry.

Oddball(Posted 2005) [#3]
I noticed this one yesterday at www.yakyak.org and thought it looked promising. Didn't realise it was done in Blitz. I like the excessive particle effects. Look forward to trying it out once you get a windows build up and running.

jkrankie(Posted 2005) [#4]
i wondered how to make links clicky. hopefully i will have a windows build up soon.

cheers
charlie

jkrankie(Posted 2005) [#5]
I've just posted a demo on my website for people to try, let me know what you think

Cheers
Charlie

big10p(Posted 2005) [#6]
Nice - I love Robotron.

Problems:
- Didn't get any sound at all.
- Controls are pretty difficult. I wonder if an option for analog stick with mouse would work?
- The crosshair is too obtrusive - really off-putting. An option to turn it off would be good.
- The things you have to collect look too similar to some of the enemies. This makes it hard for you to use your peripheral vision to locate pickups and head for them - one of the many sublime features of Robotron. ;)

Well done, though. :)

Warpy(Posted 2005) [#7]
crikey, that is a lot of fun!

LarsG(Posted 2005) [#8]
nice game.. allthough a bit too fastpaced and mind numbing for me.. (that's just my personal view though)