Shadow Test

Community Forums/Showcase/Shadow Test

Gabriel(Posted 2005) [#1]
http://www.animebowlingbabes.com/testing/babe.exe

EDIT: Screenshot added for the eye-candy fans ( like me! )

A little over 1MB download. Nothing incredibly awe-inspiring. Just an animated model and stencil shadows. Its BMax+3Impact.

Two things I'd like to know :

1) It glitches like hell on my card, with stray vertices and artifacts everywhere. Does it do that for you too? I'd like to know if it affects all videocards or just some. I'd like to help the 3Impact creator get these problems fixed up, if I can, so the more info the better.

2) Does the demo run at all on non-shader cards? Any problems with it other than all the shadow artifacts and errors?

BlackJumper(Posted 2005) [#2]
failed to run... dll3Impactd.dll was not found

big10p(Posted 2005) [#3]
Yep, the dll is AWOL. :)

Gabriel(Posted 2005) [#4]
Should be fixed now.

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2005) [#5]
:( link no work

big10p(Posted 2005) [#6]
I don't know why that link doesn't work because you can delete the "babe.exe" part in the address bar to view the "testing" dir contents, then click on the babe.exe, and it works.

Anyway, I still get a DLL error - the included DLL is either wrongly named or another DLL is required as well.

Gabriel(Posted 2005) [#7]
It's my stupid fault the download link doesn't work. It's a unix server and hence case-sensitive. When I reuploaded, I forgot to remove the caps and that's why it won't download. Fixed now.

@Big10p : Er.. odd. Try copying the DLL into your windows\system32 folder? That's where mine is, but I wouldn't have thought it was essential. You're running Windows 98, though, aren't you? I vaguely recall people having problems with Windows 98 and DLL's. I'll look into it.

fredborg(Posted 2005) [#8]
It's looking funny here too, just like the screenshot above.

You included the wrong dll :) It's supposed to be the debug version (I think), any way renaming the included dll works.

big10p(Posted 2005) [#9]
Gabriel: The problem is that the supplied dll is called "dll3impact.dll" but the error says it can't find "dll3imapactd.dll". I tried renaming the DLL and that seemed to work, but I then get an error saying I need at least DX8.1 to run - I still only have DX8.0. I don't really want to upgrade DX just in case it breaks something, and then I won't be able to get back to 8.0 without re-installing windows.

[edit] fredborg beat me to it. :)

Gabriel(Posted 2005) [#10]
Doh, I didn't realise that compiling in debug mode with BMax used the debug dll. Sorry about that.

@Fredborg: Thanks. That's my Geforce and your Radeon so it's either a bug or a problem with my model. I will investigate further.

@big10p: No worries.

Leiden(Posted 2005) [#11]
Same problem here too :( Authough its not as bad as in your screenshot there is stray verts on the shadow. Using Geforce 6600GT.

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2005) [#12]
Same glitches here, nVidia FX5200 WinXP.

Would not work at all on win98 with a non-shader card.

Zmatrix(Posted 2005) [#13]
Same here , 6800gtoc