Medieval Fantasy Building Pack

Community Forums/Showcase/Medieval Fantasy Building Pack

L_Draven(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hi all, i am working in a recopilation of my models for a Medieval Fantasy Building Pack that tomorrow will be on sale. Its useful for create medieval enviroments.

This is the buildings and objects with texture and the wireframe.

The format of the models will be 3DS and B3D.

I hope that like you.

Tomorrow more news :-)

In this moment i am working in a webpage too. But if you are interested you can contact me by email:

ldraven@...

Greetings.

SillyPutty(Posted 2005) [#2]
wow, very nice , I am keen on em. Will ya be making more models ?

Estimated price ?

RifRaf(Posted 2005) [#3]
I like them too. good work

Falelorn(Posted 2005) [#4]
those are very nice.

L_Draven(Posted 2005) [#5]
Thanks for your post!!!

Hi again, this is a near shots of some elements, so you can see the quality.

Some buildings textures are 1024, so you can resize it to own size for your games without lose quality.

About the price i am still considering it.

But in the next hours i will post the price here. (when i finish).

Thanks again for your post.

Matty(Posted 2005) [#6]
They are very good. I like the textures - they really make the models look a lot more detailed than their low polygon count would suggest.

Hubbster(Posted 2005) [#7]
Damn! post the price allready ;)

big10p(Posted 2005) [#8]
These are nice - textures are very good. I think the buildings would look a bit better with slightly wonky roofs and walls, though. That'd use more polies, though, so...

mrtricks(Posted 2005) [#9]
Very nice. Lovely texture work - it's amazing what you can do with a small number of polys if you have good textures :)

L_Draven(Posted 2005) [#10]
Thanks guys for your post.

The price are:

EU - 39.90
GBP - 27.50
USD - 48.00

Finally the models will be in *.3DS, *.B3D and *.X formats

In the next hours y will upload a basic (not definitive) webpage.

But you can buy/contact me when you want in :

ldraven@...

Thanks at all.

In the future i will start to work in other packs: animated characters, objetcs, etc....

I hope that like you.

puki(Posted 2005) [#11]
Mmm, I am interested. Very interested.

Out of interest, what shops are there?

There are 2 that look like shops - on the very left. The big one next to them I assume is an inn/tavern - what's the green one?

It would be nice to have an assortment of the usual RPG shops and stuff. However, what about a blacksmith?

I'm not saying edit the pack you already have, but you could do additional stuff for us to buy (if you want).

puki(Posted 2005) [#12]
Heh, I wonder what other goodies we are getting - I thought I'd seen the models before:

http://www.century-game.cjb.net/

Sell us as much as you can!

EDIT:
How about the terrains? As you have already put paths and stuff on them - well, at least areas where the grass is worn down to mud.

Banshee(Posted 2005) [#13]
The texturing is gorgeous and from what we can see there are no wasted pollies and i'm guessing no mistakes (like a full uv map on a hidden surface etc), certainly none that I can see. That's good work.

On the other hand, 9 buildings and some brick-a-brac at £30, over £3 a building. I would have thought that is too expensive for freeware games and not exclusive enough for shareware. I hope you can find a user base because you are clearly very talented, I just know what I buy and what I think when I look at a product and i've relayed that to you - i'm not an oracle so hopefully i'm wrong as talent deserves sucess.

For me to buy a building model it needs to either be a cheep stock model or fully explorable. Then again not all programmers have the patience and practice to make their own buildings models so I may be way off tack and I hope I am.

Good luck.

puki(Posted 2005) [#14]
I think it is cheap - cheap, cheap, cheap - compared to stuff on TurboSquid.

puki(Posted 2005) [#15]
When can we buy this stuff?

Hurry up with the site you are making - I'll put a link in it for #blitzlounge.

puki(Posted 2005) [#16]
When can we buy this stuff?

Hurry up with the site you are making - I'll put a link in #blitzlounge for it.

EDIT - WHERE THE HELL DID THIS COME FROM????

L_Draven(Posted 2005) [#17]
Hi all.

Puki.- if you are interested give me your email please for contact with you or send me an email to ldraven@... please.

In this pack you will not find shops puki, the house of the left are cabins :-). And the other building, yes, its like a tavern :-).

The next pack that i will make is the traveling shops of a market with fishs, meat, fruits, etc... and some objects of a medieval market. I will try finish it in a month approximately
;-).

Becky.- Thanks for your C&C. I think that not is expensive because i have been searching other medieval packs and in other pages they sell it about 150-250$ and more... and the quality its similar to my pack. (i think :-) )

Greetings.

puki(Posted 2005) [#18]
I'm getting excited to the point of BURSTING MY LARGE!!!

I'll email you later. In fact, I'll do it now.

Banshee(Posted 2005) [#19]
Oh please dont missunderstand me I didnt meen to say it was expensive, to some this pack would easily be worth £100 guaging by the quality of the screenshots.

I was just suggesting the possibility that a lower price might result in a lot more sales, i've always thought model packs where composited and priced wrong. Take DarkMatter which was hugely sucessful. It achieved it's sucess by providing a lot of mass-appeal models at a low price and I suspect that TGC made more money out of it than the Ghoul ever did from his spaceships on Turbosquid.

I didn't meen to say your models where overpriced, far from it, by comparison to what everyone else sells their models for your competitive no doubt and yours are certainly very good quality, but on the other hand how well do those other model packs sell compared to the massive sales volume DarkMatter achieved? :)

Ricky Smith(Posted 2005) [#20]
I think DarkMatter was a success because the people at TGC really know how to market their products well and have the advantage of a captive audience. The quality of models in DarkMatter was very low. All the characters were ugly segmented meshes poorly textured with awful animations. The static models and textures weren't much better.
Just shows what clever packaging and marketing can do.
The models in this Fantasy Pack are far better quality and are dirt cheap.

JoshK(Posted 2005) [#21]
No matter how cheap your price is, some people will always complain. Better to charge a good price and get paid for your work.

N(Posted 2005) [#22]
None of the images work so it's impossible to comment.

puki(Posted 2005) [#23]
Mmm, the images have gone - however, some of the contents of the building pack seem to be shown in some of the gallery pictures on this site:

http://www.century-game.cjb.net/

Svenart(Posted 2005) [#24]
looks almost very good to me. Well done!

Grey Alien(Posted 2005) [#25]
Really nice, makes me go all "Hexeny".

L_Draven(Posted 2005) [#26]
Hi again.

I finish the basic (not definitive) web of the pack. (very very simple page).

URL:

http://www.ldraven3d.tk

If dont work try this:

http://217.126.122.53/ldraven/index.html

I hope that like you.

Greetings.

SillyPutty(Posted 2005) [#27]
Those are some of the nicest models I have ever seen, good job !!

puki(Posted 2005) [#28]
How are we actually going to buy these though?

L_Draven(Posted 2005) [#29]
puki i sent you an email some hours ago. Please read it.

Greetings.

L_Draven(Posted 2005) [#30]
Hi all.

I have add a PAYPAL payment method to my web. Now you can use it. Its for comfort of the people.

Thanks.

Greetings

L_DRAVEN

maximo(Posted 2005) [#31]
Hi Draven

Would you be interested in selling this pack on www.tridinaut.com If so lemme know so we can work out a deal.

puki(Posted 2005) [#32]
PayPal - even better. I'm buying this building pack in a few days coz I think it looks nice - nice models, nice textures. I want more.

L_Draven(Posted 2005) [#33]
Thanks puki.

Maximo, thansk a million for your offer but in this moment i am not interesting, thanks again.

Greetings.

L_Draven

dangerdave(Posted 2005) [#34]
Looks good Draven!

I would suggest posting on garagames.com as well.

L_Draven(Posted 2005) [#35]
Thanks dangerdave.

I have thouth in post in Torque forums, but first i need port my models to the Torque format.

Greetings.

angel martinez(Posted 2005) [#36]
Very good models, L_Draven, and, what happened with the Century project?

Justus(Posted 2005) [#37]
They look really nice. To optimize you product presentation you should improve your English skills ;)

But they look really nice; my respect...

puki(Posted 2005) [#38]
I've just bought the pack.

The PayPal link is in Spanish. For English speaking Blitzers click the drop-down box (the one with 'País:' next to it then select the third language in the list 'Anguilla' - which, I assume, is Spanish for 'English'. Then off you go - buy, buy, buy.

puki(Posted 2005) [#39]
Hey, these are really good.

From the main picture posted, I (and others may have) thought the 3 sets of houses were the same with just different colour roofs.

In fact, the whole textures are different - very different - you can't clearly see it from the main screenshot.

I like these.

L_Draven(Posted 2005) [#40]
Hi all.

I have re-designed my webpage. If you want, please take a look it.

Two sections are under construction, but in a few days i will end it.

Thanks.

url: www.ldraven3d.tk

Greetings

puki(Posted 2005) [#41]
I think I'll give this a little *bump* - coz I want "L_Draven" to keep supplying the goods.

Plus, I want some NPC-type animated models - just like in his sig.

L_Draven(Posted 2005) [#42]
;-).

Puki in this moment i am finishing the Gallery section of the website with some pics of my works. In one-two days i will upload it.

About the characters, perhaps in the future i will make one pack of them. The next pack will be more medieval buildings and other things.

Greetings.