Mavstar network + GUI test

Community Forums/Showcase/Mavstar network + GUI test

Eikon(Posted 2005) [#1]
This is the very early stages of an online game I'm working on using Wave's TNet library in BMax. There is a skinnable GUI system in there that I desperately need FPS readings for. If the basic framework is slow I need to fix that before I continue. Please download this demo, open a few GUI windows and test in fullscreen with VSYNC disabled, in both OpenGL and Direct3D. All this can be found in the options menu by hitting escape. Here are the other controls:

F1 - Debug Window
F2 - Message Window
F3 - Players / Ping Window
Escape - Main Menu
Left/Right A/D - Run Left/Right
Down/S - Duck
Shift - Toggle Free Aim
LMB - Shoot
RMB/Space - Jump
1 - Weapon 1
2 - Weapon 2
3 - Weapon 3

Download 212KB

The netcode is working enough to have a two player game, more players than that and it will crash. Simply goto "Host" in the menu, then open a new EXE and enter "l" for localhost in the join game window. Please include machine specs too. Thanks for testing!

LarsG(Posted 2005) [#2]
This looks like a really good start Eikon.. :)
I can't test it atm, but I will when I get home and have some time to spare...

klepto2(Posted 2005) [#3]
I got around 400 FPS with Vsync disabled and all windows on screen. (Amd Athlon 64 3200, 512MB Ram, Radeon 9600)

Looks nice. One bug i have found is if you're jumping and pressing the up arrow while jumping the character sticks in the air. maybe you should disable the up arrow while jumping.

Grisu(Posted 2005) [#4]
Getting 6000 fps? with no window on screen.

3 Windows 4000 fps.