Guess Master 2005

Community Forums/Showcase/Guess Master 2005

po(Posted 2005) [#1]
Well, the most anticipated blitz game of the year has finally arrived! GUESS MASTER 2005! It's pretty much exactly the same as GM2000, only with a new look, some bug fixes, and an online high scores table with an already staggering amount of entries.

Don't worry, I have been prepared for it's release for a few weeks now, for I have switched servers to PowWeb in order to handle the mass downloading about to ensue. Enough of my bickering, here is the download: http://paulleduc.com/files/GM2005.zip

Doggie(Posted 2005) [#2]
This is a demo, right? I mean, it can't just be free?

maximo(Posted 2005) [#3]
if he releases it for free, he'll ruin it for the rest of us developers. you must charge atleast 14.99$ for this or I will hack your servers and crash them down!!!

Grey Alien(Posted 2005) [#4]
It has nice presentation. The last screenshot of yours seems uh improbable!

Grisu(Posted 2005) [#5]
Funny, I programmed this kind of game when I was sixteen in Turbo Pascal 7.0... ouch, that was over ten years ago. :)

Jams(Posted 2005) [#6]
I found a bug, is there a bug report form on your website??? or should i get in touch with tech support?

**you need to flushkeys after F1 is pressed to start the game....**

Red Ocktober(Posted 2005) [#7]
it can't be... it just can't be... my god...

it's absolutely amazing!!!

and it's free!!!
quick, hurry up and download it...

--Mike

Grey Alien(Posted 2005) [#8]
put it on download.com.
When does the 3D version with particle effects come out?

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#9]
One of my top favorites. The Guessmaster Community has been waiting for this a long time. Keep it up Po.

Well this is more addictive than a lot of big games out there. Some of the big games have such a painful installation that makes the whole thing unbearable - unlike Guessmaster!

po(Posted 2005) [#10]
JimJams: The bug has been fixed.

Yes, yes, this is in fact the REAL GM2005. No demos here, folks. I feel that I need to give back to the community.

It has nice presentation. The last screenshot of yours seems uh improbable!

It may seem that way, but it looks like 2 people have already done it: http://paulleduc.com/hsgm2005.php
It's just not fair. I havn't even done it (erm, without cheating that is) and I made the thing.

When does the 3D version with particle effects come out?

Why, when blitzmax3D comes out of coarse! So I will be able to create the most mind-blowing GM yet.

jfk: Too right, too right.

Now I just hope Mark will hurry up and make windowed support for BMX, so Linux and Mac users will be able to enjoy GM2005.

jkrankie(Posted 2005) [#11]
i cant wait for the mac os x version. i love this type of game.

cheers
charlie

regaa(Posted 2005) [#12]
OOOh, this one is errr...it is ...just....so clean and so...not that braindamaging....and also for small kids, it is perfect! Could you please extend it to the pro version? So that you have to guess about maximal 2500 times before you loose, with a range from 1 till 2^16. And please add the time needed by the player to the highscorelist in milliseconds ^^. And also a lowscore, for that one who had failed badly on the 2500th try after 10 hours playing :D.

Doggie(Posted 2005) [#13]
Oh....now I get it. THIS isn't the PRO version. OK. Now it's beginning to make more sense.

xlsior(Posted 2005) [#14]
Photoshopped!

BlackJumper(Posted 2005) [#15]
... another nail in the B3D coffin. Without DX9 shaders and DXTC how can this ever hope to gain market share ???

So is it render-tweening or delta time ? I know we can't expect you to release source {I guess Becky Rose's recent topic about hacking online games had a big impact on development of this title}, but at least drop a few crumbs to us lesser coders.

agent4125(Posted 2005) [#16]
There are games, and then there are GAMES. Guess Master 2005 is definitely one or the other.

Braincell(Posted 2005) [#17]
Are you guys serious? This game sux!!! This is the worst piece of crap i've seen since i bought Blitz3D !!!! People should be forbidden posting things like these, its an insult to the Blitz3D community and humanity itself!!!! Its an insult to MY INTELIGANSE to even assume that someone like me should be wasting time installing worthless binary junk such as this!!!! If i was you Po i'd go and KIL MYSELF!!!! RIGHT NOW!!! It took you how many years to develop this? Wtf? You were coding one line a month? HAHAHAHA ! WORTHLES!!!!!

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

* looses hair *

* drinks beer *

*looses hair *

* falls asleep *

po(Posted 2005) [#18]
I suppose Lenn doesn't appreciate the fine art that is GM2005. The skill required to play such a game shouldn't be expected from such people.

JoeGr(Posted 2005) [#19]
How do I select a rocket launcher?

Grey Alien(Posted 2005) [#20]
There's no rocket launcher dumbass, this is a stealth 'em up.

Raitsun(Posted 2005) [#21]
hm... I think the story totally sucks.

Raitsun(Posted 2005) [#22]
http://www.paulleduc.com/hsgm2005.php

hehe... i made it...
my second game...
it was 5
*deletes game*

regaa(Posted 2005) [#23]
still waiting for the pro version :/

po(Posted 2005) [#24]
Calm down, I know you're anxious to get your hands on the pro version, but you must wait for max3D, and maxGUI first. You'll see, it will totally rock your socks.

regaa(Posted 2005) [#25]
Yeah, these are good news :p. Even better than the worklog from Mark :D.

BlackD(Posted 2005) [#26]
woohoo! made the high score list >_<

po(Posted 2005) [#27]
awwwww lucky!