Updated Aerial Antics Demo Stage 2

Community Forums/Showcase/Updated Aerial Antics Demo Stage 2

Jeremy Alessi(Posted 2005) [#1]
Ok, so after reading over all the niggles from the last demo here's a new and hopefully improved demo.

Big changes:

- Should be compatible with everyone's system now, thanks to streamlined profiler and all square textures/images

- Slower game logic speed but quicker rendering, should be much more 'controllable' and beginner friendly

- Toggleable Tutor/Instructions can be accessed anytime

- New demo levels and sale screen

- Can hit the Buy Now button just about every chance you get

- Smaller mouse pointer

- All new 'dynamic' fonts in Arial are easier on the eyes

- Slightly improved GUI has Previous/Next level select buttons on either side of level name instead of in the upper right and left corners ... this should be more intuitive.

Hopefully it works! Let me know ;)

DELETE ALL PREVIOUS INSTALLS OF AERIAL ANTICS DEMO

http://www.leadfootproductions.com/Install-Aerial-Antics-Demo.exe

Braincell(Posted 2005) [#2]
Ok it runs now.

The only thing i could notice i'd like was confirmation when entering a name for best score. I pressed enter and had no confirmation it accepted my input before it started loading which was about 1 second after. It's a bit odd/annoying, as i try pressing other keys if im inpatient and unsure which key is the enter key (it could be Space knowing how some people make games).

Other than that, the speed was lower? Didn't really notice it so i guess it really makes it better.

Additional levels? Nice... it could be enough. But i enjoyed more looking at the recorded demo where you have to think in 3d constantly and imagine and measure where the ball is in relation to other rings, as well as your own position. I doubt women will be able to do that, maybe only approximate. Too bad you dont have such vertical levels in the demo, it might be appealing to some, like me! :) Kind of feels like i need a running calculator on where i am and at the same time imagining and feeling 3d space. That makes it thinking-itensive if you can play it like that, and thats what i like. A bit like driving a tank in BF2 if anyone knows what i mean :P

Also, the Uninstall didnt uninstall aerial antics. About 9MB of it was left, i checked, which is pretty much all of it except the Uninstall file itself. Fix that, eh?

Jeremy Alessi(Posted 2005) [#3]
That's strange about the Uninstall. It works on my system so I wonder what I could be doing wrong? I'll have to figure that one out.

As for the name thing ... what kind of confirmation? Are you looking for a sound or another visual cue? Right now you can press any of the boost buttons after entering your name. Once you've entered your name once then it gets stored so you can just hit boost (on the mouse or keyboard) after every level.

Edit: Ok, I think I see what you're saying about the name input. There's a slight pause between entering the name and the screen being cleared etc... so a little sound or visual cue just as it's entered would let you know you've actually entered it and forwarded the game. I'll do that!

Glad it runs finally! Need to make sure all the little wrinkles are ironed out though!

Jeremy Alessi(Posted 2005) [#4]
Come on peeps we need your help! Let the feedback rain down!

po(Posted 2005) [#5]
It works perfectly for me(long time ago it didn't). Uninstall and all.

angel martinez(Posted 2005) [#6]
It works well now in my Geforce 6800GT.Very good game.

Jeremy Alessi(Posted 2005) [#7]
<sigh of relief>

Finally whipping this thing into proper shape! Thanks for the feedback ... we'll be updating it a bit more next month after IGC too. I think by the time we're done it'll have a whole new front end GUI, the level editor of course, and I'm now thinking of including the original alpha build that caught the attention of our publishers. That would be cool because people could see how the game evolved and it would include 30 additional levels ;)

Braincell(Posted 2005) [#8]
Think about the "more photorealism" suggestion for AA2. Like i said, and you probably knew this, more realistic graphics make flying more "awe-some" because the closer you get to visual realism to more unreal and cool flying feels.

I also thought it would be cool if there was something also flying around and you had to chase it or if it was going very quickly through a maze but not able to get above its walls - while you can - so you need to plan the route ahead of it and go land infront of it on time to catch it. Lots of ideas spring to mind...

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2005) [#9]
Hahey! I'm glad to see this getting worked on a little. I shal be playing hen i get home!

Jeremy Alessi(Posted 2005) [#10]
Prepare for the multiplayer addition ... it's working ... IT'S WORKING!

regaa(Posted 2005) [#11]
No Mav anymore. Thanks. btw: funny game, but the ball in the 4th. level killed me :P. No chance to dig him in the donut :D .

Jeremy Alessi(Posted 2005) [#12]
You like that little cliff hanger eh?

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2005) [#13]

Prepare for the multiplayer addition

Wheres the shop????