BMAX: MP3 Editor

Community Forums/Showcase/BMAX: MP3 Editor

Odds On(Posted 2005) [#1]
This is a simple MP3 Editor I've been working on in BlitzMax.

It uses a custom GUI (which is nowhere near ready to be released :P) and has only been tested on WindowsXP, so if you have Linux or a Mac and you decide to try it out please let me know if it works or not (Would be surprised if it did..)

Basically what this does is allow you to open an album from your HDD and resave the music files in a format you prefer. You can also create a playlist (optional) and create/replace the ID3/TAG header/footer (also optional) making your entire music collection consistent..

The filenames can be generated from title, track, album, artist, year or genre data.. for example:

[track] [title].mp3

Check it out for yourself and let me know what you think.. this is still in BETA development so all feedback/bug reports/suggestions are welcome!

Obviously, if you want to overwrite your existing music files I recommend making a backup before doing anything with this application.

Screenshot:

Download:
http://www.f-software.co.uk/downloads/mp3editor.zip

Best Regards,
Chris

Grey Alien(Posted 2005) [#2]
What encoder are you using? Lame? So does your app. convert Wav to MP3?

Odds On(Posted 2005) [#3]
It doesn't convert the music, it just resaves the album using custom filenames, and can optionally create an ID3 header in each of the music files. If you choose to create an ID3 header it will first remove any existing ID3 headers and TAG footers from the file and then create the new one. The ID3 header is what stores information such as title, track, album, artist, genre etc.

Best Regards,
Chris