New Shroom Eater

Community Forums/Showcase/New Shroom Eater

Grey Alien(Posted 2005) [#1]
I've released an updated version of my recent classic at

http://www.jbcomputersolutions.com/shroom/shroom.shtml

If you missed it last time, try this new version with extra twiddly bits including:

Score and Level Complete Bonus
High Score table
Animated mushrooms (wooh!)
Game Over music
Game Over assessment of skill
New Go and Time Up sound effects
Other bits 'n' bobs.

Your challenge is to reach level 20! If you do, consider your keyboard skills l33t, if not well ... get a job as a mushroom picker.

Enjoy ;-)

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2005) [#2]
You've got too much time on your hands jake :P

Tim.

Grey Alien(Posted 2005) [#3]
Tim: Regretably not the case, I shoulda been earning money developing professionally at home this morning, but instead I released that update. I am working now however, uh, except for this post. Did you like it? I know it's simple, but it's more of a game structure demo than anything. Oh yeah, nice website, I didn't get who you were at first but I suspected it was you and the siglink confirmed. So who made Hightailed then? I see you have a new game on the go, cool. What did you make the project management software with, Access? I don't personally need it as I am v. well organised (all I need is motivation to STOP doing games when I should be doing something else!) ;-) In fact a while ago I started a thread where I posted my time breakdown summary (I keep it in the form of a diary with every action, type, and time logged to the nearest 5 mins with an auto summary page including percentages. Some people said I was anal, but it's good to know how much of you time you spend on research, coding, graphics, testing, release, admin, website, forums (naughty) etc.

big10p(Posted 2005) [#4]
Arghhhh!!!

I got to level 20 on my first go again but panicked and didn't get past it. :P

Level: 20
Score: 4510

Grey Alien(Posted 2005) [#5]
Nice 1 Big10p! it brings a smile to my face to see people playing it. It is REALLY hard to get past lev 20, I can do 21 quite often but only did 22 once! What did you think of the new "enhanced" version then? I know the gameplay wasn't enhanced, just the surrounding stuff.

big10p(Posted 2005) [#6]
I like the mushrooms on the title screen. Good to have a highscore table, too. :)

I was just an inch away from the last mushroom on level 20. Grrr.

Grey Alien(Posted 2005) [#7]
The growing mushroom thing on the title page was a flash of inspiration. I ought to use some on-line highscore system really, that would be cool. I think Indiepath has one.

Grey Alien(Posted 2005) [#8]
OK, here's my effort, and no I didn't cheat (seeing as I have access to the source code)

BlackJumper(Posted 2005) [#9]
This would have been easier if the So many people have a prejudiced view of Basic thread hadn't worn my down arrow key down to a nub ;-)

This is 'challenging'. Now I remember why I don't play arcade games... now where did I put my heart medicine ?

Grey Alien(Posted 2005) [#10]
lol, yeah that thread is massive now! As someone suggested, it needs a part II. The game has a difficulty ramp that makes you feel almost ill doesn't it?