GEOM Goes On-line

Community Forums/Showcase/GEOM Goes On-line

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2005) [#1]
With Caboodle to follow.

Today we began tests of an on-line version of GEOM, it's still written in Blitz and is utilising the fantastic OSA kit. This is only a test for compatibility at the moment, hence only the demo version of the OSA kit.

Please try and comment : http://www.geomgame.com/geom_test.htm

Note: This is IE only for the moment and this is a level restricted version of the game.

LarsG(Posted 2005) [#2]
Note: This is IE only for the moment

oh well... :/

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2005) [#3]
Does OSA support FireFox? Ive totally removed IE from the core of my OS...

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2005) [#4]
I've emailed the author, told him he's got a deal if he can make it work.

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2005) [#5]
I hope he can do it, But i think if he could, he would have done so already :(. Wasnt it Sphynx? and where is he?

Genexi2(Posted 2005) [#6]
From what I recalled, OSA kit uses ActiveX no? If so, he'd have to use an entirely different method to get it to work on other browsers.

[EDIT] Apparently it does, got a blank page in both Firefox & Opera, but IE asked if I wanted to install the OSA ActiveX plug-in.

fredborg(Posted 2005) [#7]
It crashes Internet Explorer if you go away from the game using the back button.

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2005) [#8]
@Fredborg, yeah thats a big issue.. Click the Purchase button and all hell breaks loose.

Perturbatio(Posted 2005) [#9]
I had to terminate IE after closing the game (it wouldn't let me close IE normally).

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2005) [#10]
These are all OSA problems, I'm still waiting for the author to come back to me.

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2005) [#11]
IE issues should not be sorted and the game will now actually run within the webpage.

*(Posted 2005) [#12]
TBH im wary of anything I have to install into IE, IE is unstable enough as it is without making it worse.

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2005) [#13]
TBH - I don't really mind if only 1 out of 10 people try it, it's another way to get people playing demo versions and more people = more orders.

This took less than 60 mins to get on the web, and considering the cost of the OSA product it'll pay for itself in no time.

Grey Alien(Posted 2005) [#14]
On my laptop, the page loads and stops doing anything because IE has put a little message at the top about downloading OSA Kit which you then have to click on. Perhaps the final page should mention this so people don't just wait for ages.

Anyway it plays fine, great in fact. Latop is P4 2.8, 512MB XPSP2, no 3D graphics, sound, thats it.

Booticus(Posted 2005) [#15]
Allright I gotta say this is a sweet game!! Very polished! Addicting as any Pop Cap game out there. Im very impressed!!! Wishing you much success!!!!!