Paratroops - Another Retro game

Community Forums/Showcase/Paratroops - Another Retro game

Sloan(Posted 2005) [#1]
"Stop living in the past!" they said... Well I can't help it. If you own an iPod you'll recognise this game. This is for your desktop. No Mac version just yet - I'll post that up later. But the PC version can be downloaded here http://www.sloankelly.net/blog/paratrooper.zip .

Tri|Ga|De(Posted 2005) [#2]
Screenshoots!!!

Banshee(Posted 2005) [#3]
655. Sometimes a paratrooper falls down partly obscured by the right hand edge of the screen, I think your bounds checking doesnt allow for the width of the image/sprite.

I think it needs blood and limb dismemberment for comic value, or replace the paratroopers with something cute and cuddly that acts nasty upon landing... Teddiebears with handgrenades or something.

Sloan(Posted 2005) [#4]

Sorry guys, I've been having problems with screen shots. That's why I missed them out before. But here it is in all it's glory!

@Becky: Good point about the bounds and the uhm, gorefest. It's actually from the book I'm working on. It's one of the build-it-yourself-projects, but I'll make some changes regarding the screen bounds.

I should have pointed out that this is not really a finished product, but is an example of what you can do in half a day with BlitzMax :o)

Thanks guys!