Swift BOBS + AniBOB now free!

Community Forums/Showcase/Swift BOBS + AniBOB now free!

sswift(Posted 2005) [#1]
I've decided to give away my sprite system for Blitz, plus the animation system that goes with it:

http://www.seamlesstexturegenerator.com/SwiftBOBS102.zip

Please don't email me for support, unless you want to pay for that support. :-) Free = NO SUPPORT!

If you have questions, post them on the forum. If I don't have time to answer them, maybe someone else will. :-)

Those of you who purchased the system previously will find this version adds a ton of new features to the AniBOB system, and a few new features to the BOB system as well. I have been adding to the system as needed while working on another project.

Among the new fetures are:

In the BOB system:

The ability to make a BOB render as a solid color, useful for making characters flash when a powerup is collected, or when they are hit.

The ability to specify a viewport for each BOB. Now you can display certain BOBS in a window in the gameplay area, while leaving all other BOB's unaffected. I use this to scroll credits in a window. The credits are one large BOB that has a small viewport that I move.

Th ability to set a default masking color for all BOB's so you don't have to set the mask on an individual basis.

Now additions to the AniBOB system:

* The addition of a one-shot ping pong animation mode.

* The ability to play back animations in reverse in all animation modes.

* The ability to delay the start of an animation. Now you can string multiple animations together, and wait for them all to complete using BOBanimating to see if they are done.

* The ability to trigger an image change for a BOB when a new animation is triggered. (Useful when animating keyframes.)

* Position animations can now be speicifced individiually for X and Y axis, enabling horizontal sine wave scrolls.

* Animations can be artificially aged when they are first triggered, so that you can do the afformentioned sine wave scrolls by placing all the objects in a line and setting the animation velocity to sine wave for the Y axis, and then setitng each BOB to have a different start age so it starts at a different point in the sine wave animation.

And much more.

If you're not familiar with the system, the link in my sig contains more info. Basically, it makes rendering moving 2D sprites in BlitzPlus and Blitz 3D a snap, and allows you to automate keyframe animation, color animation, alpha animation etc. Handles many blending modes too.

And if you want/need email support, you can still buy a license and get that.

Erroneouss(Posted 2005) [#2]
Sweet! We love you sswift! First the foilage system
and now this!!!! How 'bout the shadow system next? ;P

trb(Posted 2005) [#3]
Thanks so much for this sswift! Very much appreciated!!

M2PLAY(Posted 2005) [#4]
Thanks sswift thank you very much!!!!

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#5]

Mustang(Posted 2005) [#6]
Cool!

sswift(Posted 2005) [#7]
Btw, the demo has triple buffering enabled by default. Triple buffering creates an initial speed hit dropping fps from 250 to around 70fps, but maintains speeds 2-3x higher when lots of blending is going on. Triple buffering isn't part of the system, it is just coded into the demo. The system can write to any buffer, so when I enable triple buffering I just tell it to write to the appropriate buffer.

The reason triple buffering speeds up blending operations is because it's faster to read pixels from managed images (which are buffered in ram) than it is to read pixels directly from vram.

Dragon57(Posted 2005) [#8]
Many thanks!

Ricky Smith(Posted 2005) [#9]
Cool - many thanks !

IPete2(Posted 2005) [#10]
:)

Ta Shawn!

IPete2.

sswift(Posted 2005) [#11]
So has anyone made use of this yet? What do you think after having looked at it for a while?

Kuron(Posted 2005) [#12]
So has anyone made use of this yet? What do you think after having looked at it for a while?
I have been implementing this in a couple of games that were already well under way. Still have some more rewriting to do, but I am loving it.

It is nice to have translucent water and clouds.