Bar Room Brawl - WIP

Community Forums/Showcase/Bar Room Brawl - WIP

Matty(Posted 2005) [#1]
A short time ago I decided I'd make a game on a weekend. It ended up taking a little longer than this, and in its current state is still not finished - all I am going to do from here though is put in a 'title' and 'menu' screen and alter the 'pub' model.

Hopefully when it gets finished (should not be too long) I will post a completed version. However if anyone wants to try it out then download from here:

http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~gezeder/lloyd/BarRoomBrawl.zip

(1.8 MB)

It is not intended to be single player but rather multiplayer (2-8 players) on the same PC with each player using a USB gamepad. Left thumbstick/d-pad moves your player around, button 1 punches/kicks/headbutts/picks up bottle/throws bottle, button 2 drinks from bottle if you are carrying one which puts your health back to full but increases your drunkeness.

The object of the game is to be the last man standing in the pub.

Oh..there is a bug which does not occur on my laptop with an ATI card but does occur on my old PC with a Geforce 2MX -when the screen fades to black after the end of the game only half the screen does, don't really know why that is but I am using Blitz3d 1.90.

Source code is included (I think) so feel free to fiddle around with it.

There are no keyboard controls in the game - only joystick/gamepad controls. There are not going to be any keyboard controls either (although they would be simple to put in).

I am primarily interested in feedback from anyone who plays it with 2 or more people.

skyfire1(Posted 2005) [#2]
why can't you configure it so that i could use the keyboard to play. my sidewinder is broken. >:(

skyfire1(Posted 2005) [#3]
never mind, i got the clunker to work. but still i think you should configure the controls so that this game works with the keyboard.

mrtricks(Posted 2005) [#4]
I don't have a gamepad. But I'd like to play.

Bouncer(Posted 2005) [#5]
Screenshots would be nice...

slenkar(Posted 2005) [#6]
giz keyboard controls

Matty(Posted 2005) [#7]
I will post a link to a version with keyboard controls sometime in the near future although the game is really not designed to be played on a keyboard - much harder to have more than 1 player sharing a keyboard (let alone 3 or more) given the fact that you can't poll for more than 3 buttons at once on most keyboards.