Tetravus PreBeta demo releas!:)

Community Forums/Showcase/Tetravus PreBeta demo releas!:)

Xip(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hi all :)

finnaly, im releasing a preBeta on my small, but funny pussle game Tetravus2 :)

rules are simple, try to get 3-in-a-line with a single color (50p for each block removed)
all basic block takes other blocks vertikal or horisontal, but white also takes diagonaly.

some blocks have special attributes(like TNT and horisonal line removal)

heres an dump on the game running in IndeIDE:

and heres an URL to the game:
http://xip.servebeer.com/download/TetravusBeta2.zip

the game will be shareware, and can be unlocked for a small fee(8-10 US$)
NOTE: registration is not currently aviable, i will add it when i know how people feel about this game, if people dont like it, it will stay as a locked demo.

PS: im also looking for an graphical artist, ho are intresting in creating a new more Pro:ish layout for this game :)

I'm also looking for soundtracks for this type of game!:)

Also, check out the seperate online ranking EXE file, can you beat my record?;)

all feedback i can get whod be nice, tanx!

hope you like it :)
/Xip

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2005) [#2]
Ouch, and people thought Caboodle was difficult. I like this, I know an artist who can do you some really cool graphics for a reasonable fee. Drop me an email.

Xip(Posted 2005) [#3]
hehe, Tanx Tim :)
well, i think it is a mather of traning, i have no problem with this game, infakt, i think it is very realaxing and i almost always run out of trial time ;)
but then again, i created this consept over 10 years ago in the original Tetravus game... so i have had some training ;)
just take a look at that highscore you can find in the seperate EXE, can you beat me? ;)

the game is also ALOT eazyer now that last version(closed beta) ho had 2 rows less(on screen abouve), when i first added the 2 new rows i was thinking that is was way to simmple... :P hehe, but i gues i was wrong?;)

well, i will think about sending you a mail, at current state im not making any money on the projekt... and i dont know how to solve the hole "large-size"-marketing part, but that will be a later issue.

Xip(Posted 2005) [#4]
hmm... dont seem to be mutsh interest here.... ?:(

BlackJumper(Posted 2005) [#5]
I like the graphics. Managed a score of 5750 on my first go. Some nicely polished effects.

It does need some music.

Get the bugs fixed and this could do well as shareware

Xip(Posted 2005) [#6]
tanx m8, well i will add music as soon as i found any free music that match this type of game, so far... not mutsh luck on that ;)

dont know for shure about the graphics, one solution is to add skin theams so people can draw ther own skins and destribute in the community.

well, i will fix the bugs soon, but latly i haven had mutsh insperation sence people dont seem to care mutsh about the game.. .hehe ;)

well, tanx again for the feedback m8 :)

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2005) [#7]
HahaAA!

Do i see Tootie Frooties?

Geehawk(Posted 2005) [#8]
10850 on my first go.

Needs something extra I feel, but its a great start.

Just get them bugs sorted ;-)

Xip(Posted 2005) [#9]
Cygnus:

huh?

Geehawk:

hmm... not bad, but noone seems to kick my 20100 :P
well... i know what you meen, but i cant figure out what to do with it to add more fealing... i wanted to add particle effekts and explotions when TNT explodes and so on... but on my first try it dident fitt the game style...

Geehawk(Posted 2005) [#10]
Tootie Fruities : Small multicoloured fruit flavoured "pillow" shaped sweets 8-)

Your game pieces look just like them.

Xip(Posted 2005) [#11]
hmm... i think i know what your talking about.... well, that was not done on purpese.

Geehawk(Posted 2005) [#12]
Over 17000 on my 3rd go :)

I WILL beat your score ;-)

Xip(Posted 2005) [#13]
Geehawk: hehe, nice... but if you do, no way for you to prove it huh :P

later, only people ho register can contribute to online score ;)

Bot Builder(Posted 2005) [#14]
I just saw this today and its pretty cool - I like how its more of a thinking game than a tetris speed game. As for graphics, they're fine enough for the game. the retroy look is complemented by the text style.

nice job xip!

Xip(Posted 2005) [#15]
Tanx bot builder :)

ther were alot of fanns for my first Tetravus game 10 years ago, but im not shure this game matsh that one... the old fans dont seemt to be 100% happy about the new game... hmmm

well, il keep on working on it ;)
tanx again for the feedback evryone! :)