T-TRIS (Open BETA 1.65)

Community Forums/Showcase/T-TRIS (Open BETA 1.65)

diceman(Posted 2005) [#1]
I'm currently programming a little Tetris-Game. It's just good 'ol Tetris, but with lots of opportunities to make Combo-Scores, like with Super-Blocks, Height-Bonus, Multiple-Line-Killing, Global Multiplicators and Stage Bonus. I'm kinda proud to say, that it's quite addicting, if you get into it. This is now the latest BETA-Version, fully playable.

And I have to say Big Thanks to WolRon: I worked my way through your Tetris-Basic-Tutorial, experimented a lot with it, broke the code, changed stuff, etc. thus learning a lot about the nature of Blitz Basic. You wanna check your Paypal-Account, 'cause I sent you some cash for no reason at all. ;)

Thanks also to Vincent a.k.a Bogus, who put the finishing touches on my otherwise rather crappy Block-Graphics.

Controls:
Arrow right = Move Piece right
Arrow left = Move Piece left
Arrow up = Turn Piece
Arrow down = Accelerate Piece downwards
ESCAPE =Quit Game
SPACE = Pause Game
M = Toggle Music on/off
ENTER = Validate, after you've entered a new Highscore

A Screenshot:

And, most important, the Download-Link:
http://s49.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3H0E7Y5EPRQ6D2XP67CP27WX9M

Now make some Highscores and keep your eyes out for those dolphins . . . ;)

WolRon(Posted 2005) [#2]
Glad to see my tutorial actually is helping people out.
Hey, thanks for the money too ;) !!
Looks like a great version. I will have to try it out...

Grey Alien(Posted 2005) [#3]
not bad (better than most in fact). Plays fine, look fine. I did one too http://www.jbcomputersolutions.com/tetroid.shtml It's a good exercise in finishing a project. Read the readme for keys.

WolRon(Posted 2005) [#4]
Tried it. Works great. Got some cool effects.
I even saw the dolphins twice, but I don't know why. Some instructions on how bonuses are achieved would be useful.
I did notice that continuing to clear lines in succession scored bonuses as well as clearing a line with a flashing piece but I'm not sure of the specifics.

One criticism: This has got to be the longest playing tetris game in existance...
I played for about an hour straight (scoring some 13,000 points) but I was still only on level 5. By that time, I should have been on something like level 25 (if I was that good). Eventually, I just gave up because my fingers were getting tired (especially the middle one since all of the rotations and drops are done with that finger).

WolRon(Posted 2005) [#5]
So, when's the next version available? :)

Neuro(Posted 2005) [#6]
Tetris-Basic-Tutorial

Sounds interesting. Got a link?

WolRon(Posted 2005) [#7]
Tetris-Basic-Tutorial
Sounds interesting. Got a link?

Uh, yeah;
Did you check my sig? (BASIC Programming Tutorial)

;)

Look at the Code Samples section.