Boxed In

Community Forums/Showcase/Boxed In

Pragun(Posted 2005) [#1]
UPDATED: http://www.playboxed.com to download the game!

Boxed In has a simple game concept where you drag boxes over and they fall down if there's nothing in between them. You have to clear the board by matching up 2+ blocks...currently at version .43....

So anyway here's some screenshots of the WIP (from .37)

Press any key...

Options screen...

Choosing a level pack...

High scores (ignore the names... ;P)

Arcade Mode shot #1

Arcade Mode shot #2

between .37 and .43 mostly engine things have changed...
I've programmed in some antigravity blocks to spice up how hard the levels can get...

but here's also a screenshot of the now pretty much fully workable-with level editor:

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#2]
(img httpwhatever) and replace () by []

Pragun(Posted 2005) [#3]
thanks

Pragun(Posted 2005) [#4]
I need someone to make level packs.

Level packs should have between 45-60 levels and should be themed "easy","medium","hard","crazy hard","insane" or something like that...and then maybe some level packs that are just a variety that go from easy to hard...

This game will be commercial so you will be paid ($$) for your efforts. If interested just let me know.

SopiSoft(Posted 2005) [#5]
Looks good!

Grey Alien(Posted 2005) [#6]
How come it looks a bit like caboodle, did you do Indiepath's graphics?

Warpy(Posted 2005) [#7]
Looks cool, and it's colourblind-compatible :D

Pragun(Posted 2005) [#8]
Yeah, I did the graphics for caboodle.

Neuro(Posted 2005) [#9]
Graphics looks nice! Got a demo soon?

Red Ocktober(Posted 2005) [#10]
hey... that looks kinda neat...

--Mike

Picklesworth(Posted 2005) [#11]
It does look neat.
Very nice editor, and you're not afraid to use colour! (a thing which I can not possibly do.)

Pragun(Posted 2005) [#12]
Thanks a ton, guys! =D
It's really encouraging to see some interest in things you make =)
Since school started, development rate has dropped slightly (thankfully the core engine is fully coded), and I'd like to have some levels out before I release a demo...as soon as I can recruit some people to help with those it'll be ready to go out the door!

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2005) [#13]
Any help with this would be appreciated. This game is ready for release apart from the levels. Be nice to get it out before xmas.

Pragun(Posted 2006) [#14]
Release date july 2006
(project died after school began, but school's out tomorrow and i've already been fixing bugs/making levels/getting other people to make music)

graphics/front-end look the same...i have a video up:
http://img152.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bi6aj.swf&width=640

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2006) [#15]
Looks really good - nice one!

Warpy(Posted 2006) [#16]
cor, nice.

..though, just looking at that old shot of the level pack selection screen - that long list looks silly. Couldn't it be a wheel of thumbnails or something like that? You've got these big cartoony pictures and text everywhere, then that long list of tiny text to scroll through.

Pragun(Posted 2006) [#17]
Boxed In is NOW AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD and for purchase.

Grab it here: http://www.playboxed.com ! Please email me or post here any comments you have about the game. I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Pragun

WedgeBob(Posted 2006) [#18]
Sweet, I shoulda known that this was a team event between you and Indiepath, for you, this is a blessing to have a great teamwork on a game like this. Great puzzle game indeed.

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2006) [#19]
Pragun is released from our agreement and is selling the game himself now. I hope it does well for him.

Pragun(Posted 2006) [#20]
Thanks for the well wishes, Tim. I wish that things would have worked out between us but maybe it will in the future. I still need someone who is good at marketing :-P

WedgeBob(Posted 2006) [#21]
Pargun is released from our agreement and is selling the game himself now. I hope it does well for him.

It's coming....

Ahh, understood, understood, even the best partnerships split up from time to time... Looks great from any standpoint, team OR solo.

Is it me, or does this remind me of a game I used to play on the Linux platform?

H&K(Posted 2006) [#22]
Is it me, or does this remind me of a game I used to play on the Linux platform?

sigh

Game looks cool, and well done for going back and finishing it after a 8Mth layoff.

Sphinx(Posted 2006) [#23]
[image]
http://www.ancientsoft.com/images/Trojan.jpg-Edited until ReSacnning
[/image]

Pragun(Posted 2006) [#24]
that's not good. shit. let me check.

Pragun(Posted 2006) [#25]
Please do a full scan of your computer Sphinx, or try scanning from a different computer. There shouldn't be and I don't see any virus associated with the file.

Sphinx(Posted 2006) [#26]
I downloaded the whole file and it gives me the same message with the file and delete it when I ask for 'Heal'.

If it was a virus on my computer then I should have seen it for a long time now because I am downloading many files everyday!!!

Anyway I will try another AV and see and I am so sorry for the bad impression but I had a good intention to let you know and no more!!

Sphinx(Posted 2006) [#27]
I downloaded a trial version of NOD32 and scanned my system and :
- My system is CLEAR
- Your file is CLEAR too.

I think the problem is a flase alarm from AVG and it did not duplicate with you because your AVG database is not up to date as I can see from the taskbar icon!

Please try to update your AVG and let me know what you get!

WedgeBob(Posted 2006) [#28]
Bah, if you ever release a Linux version, make sure that it's one that Ubuntu will let you d/l without goofing up with viruses, okay? Up until then, I may leave the Windows version alone.

Pragun(Posted 2006) [#29]
It's cool, Sphinx. I have no idea what's causing it though. I just got the latest AVG Free thats on the their site but didn't bother updating virus definitions.