ColorCode

Community Forums/Showcase/ColorCode

Active03(Posted 2005) [#1]
Welcome by Colorcode.
This is the first release of ColorCode.

- Difficulty:
There are 3 difficulty settings

· Easy:
The code consists of 4 different colors. You can choose out of 6 colors to make the code.
· Normal:
The code consists of 4 different colors. You can choose out of 8 colors to make the code.
· Hard:
It is possible that the code contains double colors. You can choose out of 8 colors to make the code.

- Drag and drop interface.
- Help menu.
- Demo play when idle.

Find out what the color code is....

Pls let me know if you like it.

Greetz,
Tom

(PS.. screens are +/- 500 KB)

You can download it here:
http://www.codersworkshop.com/getfile.php?id=164&file=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.xs4all.nl%2F%7Etopie%2FColorCode%2FSetup_ColorCode.exe

LarsG(Posted 2005) [#2]
I haven't tried it yet, but I just wanted to tell you that I think you should change those purple figures...
They totally mess up the wooden theme you've got going there.. Maybe you can do them in a wooden theme as well? (perhaps take a few photos of a wooden manequin (sp?)?)

John Pickford(Posted 2005) [#3]
I'm not keen on the name. How about...Mastermind?

Warpy(Posted 2005) [#4]
Put me down for patterned pieces as well as the colour coding.

Nicstt(Posted 2005) [#5]
looks good, but yeh wooden figures would be better imo.

@John shhh, its not mastermind:p

Ice9(Posted 2005) [#6]
I love the game very nice.
One thing that bothers me is how close the yellow and green
pegs are in intensity of color. Maybe if the green were
a little deeper green.

great job

Active03(Posted 2005) [#7]
Hello,

Thanx for the feedback.

Tom

NoBoDo(Posted 2005) [#8]
Do the little purple guys dance around?
If not, what is the purpose of having them there at all, just to take up screen space?

This looks similar to some other game, master... something or another, the name escapes me.

Active03(Posted 2005) [#9]
@ Marcusj:
Yes this game is a remake of mastermind...
And the little purple guys are buttons :-)

NoBoDo(Posted 2005) [#10]
I'd suggest getting rid of the purple guys altogether, and centering the board. I think the purple guys not actually doing anything but taking up A HUGE AMOUNT of screen space should be avoided.

It would also be nice to add more skill levels, with the board expanded to provide 6 and maybe up to 10 or so marble(?) positions. That would also necessitate scrolling or perhaps two board displays to see all moves made.

Another thing that would be essential to playing enjoyment (you might already provide this, but it isn't noted here) - a table of high scores for each skill level.