plobb / beta 1

Community Forums/Showcase/plobb / beta 1

Spot-Nothing(Posted 2005) [#1]
we're happy to announce the first beta version of the upcoming freeware arcade game called

plobb!

feedback is welcome!

the download:
http://www.nothing.ch/download/games/plobb_beta1.exe

the screen:

the story:

the castle of nightmares. here the evil motts of psodor tortures innocent, little plobb. poor plobb is languishing in the lowest dungeon, while depressive thoughts are hovering around him and sapping his vital mojo. can plobb escape from the castle and return to the cheerful world of his friends?

Perturbatio(Posted 2005) [#2]
A nice spin on asteroids :) I do find the left mouse fire a bit annoying, having to continually click hurts my finger and will wear out my mouse rather quickly.

nawi(Posted 2005) [#3]
Very nice game but couldnt stand the mouse fire

JAW(Posted 2005) [#4]
I'm impressed by the quality of all the graphics, sound effects and interface screens/screen affects.
It's all very polished and there is a good flow and consistency to it.
Nice work.
I do agree that something needs to be done about that mouse firing.

Cool website by the way. That's quite a portfolio.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2005) [#5]
I think its polished by Sprite Candy, anyway, nice work except mouse usage..making me tired of game very fast...

kochOn(Posted 2005) [#6]
A great little fun game really well made and professional!

Sweet graphics, nice music and sounds, smooth annims, good gameplay and difficulty then what can i say more...
... Im in the HighScores :)

köchOn

N(Posted 2005) [#7]
It's very uncommon to see a game this well done on the Blitz site.

Very fun and very good looking, and the sounds are good too. And Plobb is soooo cute.

Amazing work!

Sarge(Posted 2005) [#8]
Very nice and alot of fun, well done mate

Spot-Nothing(Posted 2005) [#9]
thanks so much for all your motivating comments - for the final candidate of plobb you'll be surprised what we are going to integrate additionally to have an even more professional game. the final release is planned for 11 july.

we'll certainly take a look at the mouse shooting case to make the experience of the game less tiring :-)

Stuart Morgan(Posted 2005) [#10]
Well like everyone has already said, very professional, great graphics/sound and fun gameplay!!! Great work.

(I agreee that the mouse shooting needs changing)

for the final candidate of plobb you'll be surprised what we are going to integrate additionally to have an even more professional game.

Sounds exciting! :-)

JoeRetro(Posted 2005) [#11]
Yeah, left-mouse clicking/firing killed the game experience.

The presentation is awesome and I dig the music!

skn3(Posted 2005) [#12]
Freeware ? .. nice :) I would quite happily pay for this if I were looking for a fun arcade game.

regaa(Posted 2005) [#13]
Very impressive graphics+music+anims+gameplay. The game is so sweeet. I am sure that there are many kids out there who would pay for something sweet and nice like this game.

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2005) [#14]
yeah thats slick..

SillyPutty(Posted 2005) [#15]
wow, cool game !

any chance of adding joypad/joystick support ?