Graviton and Oddball alphas

Community Forums/Showcase/Graviton and Oddball alphas

tesuji(Posted 2005) [#1]
Just set up a website for hosting some of my blitz projects

spungifungi.wordpress.com

I've got a few not quite finished yet projects (haven't we all) that I'm eventually going to release as free games :

Oddball

Download Win 32 Oddball Concept Demo

Graviton

Download Win 32 Graviton alpha demo

Got a bit side tracked with blitzmax recently but I will finish these at some point :-) Would be interested to know what others think of them. Note I haven't tested them on anything other than my home laptop yet so there's a chance they may not work on some configurations.

Enjoy.

Cheers,
tesuji.

Last edited 2012

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#2]
Looks nice. Oddball maybe needs more textures. Keep it up!

Oddball(Posted 2005) [#3]
Hey you named a game after me. I was working on a game called Oddball too. Check out my worklog to see how far I got before my PC died and I lost the source. Yours seems very accumplished, but isn't using Tokomak a little like overkill for a ball rolling game?

tesuji(Posted 2005) [#4]
I can assure you any resemblance with forum user names is purely coincidental <grin>. Currently Oddball is just a working title which I intend to change when the game has evolved a bit more. I think once I get a proper game objective in there it'll make it a lot easier to come up with a name for it.

I did start writing Oddball with my own physics code but as soon as I started adding other dynamic objects like the ice cubes it made sense to use Tokamak. Infact I want to expand its use a lot more as I've got hundreds of ideas where it could be used to great effect.

I'm currently concentrating on finishing Graviton as it's almost complete but as soon as that's done I'll be back on Oddball as I've been wanting to write a game like this for quite a while now.

BTW, just added some more screenshots to show some of the other Oddball levels on my website minimono.net projects

Graviton (|||||||||-) 90% Oddball (||--------) 20%

Picklesworth(Posted 2005) [#5]
Looks very nice.
I really like the look of Oddball.

Oddball(Posted 2005) [#6]
Currently Oddball is just a working title which I intend to change when the game has evolved a bit more. I think once I get a proper game objective in there it'll make it a lot easier to come up with a name for it.
I like the name Oddball, you should keep it. On the subject of game objects, I started off using sports balls, pool 8-ball, foot(soccer)ball, etc. But then a friend of mine suggested an eyeball, and once that was in it looked great. It was really eerie when the eyeball rolled round and stopped staring at the screen.

Anyway looking forward to seeing this one completed. Think I'll be keeping an eye on your progress. :)