Ork Attack Remake

Community Forums/Showcase/Ork Attack Remake

Jimbob(Posted 2005) [#1]
http://www.acoders.com/acsite/viewsoftware.php?id=107

Enjoy! It's about 5mb and it's full of lovely goodness...
Check out the worklog if you want to know all the gory details that went into making it.

N(Posted 2005) [#2]
It r0x0rz my s0x0rz.

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2005) [#3]
Cool. It's great to see someone making a whole game like this where you can see that you obviously took all the time and effort to put into the graphics and gameplay and other design. Good on ya.

MattVonFat(Posted 2005) [#4]
I've been waiting for ages to play this! I can't wait! :D

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2005) [#5]
This is looking excelent. Keep up the work!

boomboommax(Posted 2005) [#6]
orcattack.exe has encountered a problem etc etc, wont start

Duckstab[o](Posted 2005) [#7]
Excellent wikid wah \o/

Jimbob(Posted 2005) [#8]
Cheers, If it doesn't work, can you try deleting logo.avi in the images folder and trying again? I really shouldn't have included that in the first place :S

Scott Shaver(Posted 2005) [#9]
blows up right after the scrolling storyline. I hit return to move into the game and it dies. WinXP

Jimbob(Posted 2005) [#10]
Well that's something I completely didn't expect. I'm running XP and it's fine on my laptop and my home computer. Damn these random bugs!

Scott Shaver(Posted 2005) [#11]
Screen shot of error:

edit: removed image

Jimbob(Posted 2005) [#12]
Has anyone else had this? I really can't seem to recreate it, and there is nothing in my code at that point which could close down the program like that. Have you redownloaded the zip with the still logo image at the start? The only thing I can think of is the game might not have downloaded properly (slight chance, I know) but apart from that I'm stumped.

Scott Shaver(Posted 2005) [#13]
Okay now I get a slightly different error where windows wants to send a bug report to MS. The program still crashes though. I looks like it gets about 5 frames into the animation of the characters walking toward the middle the the window and then dies a horrible death. Bummer I really want to play this.

Scott Shaver(Posted 2005) [#14]
I rebooted and it works now. There is some about Blitz exes that causes me to have to reboot sometimes before I run them.

Jimbob(Posted 2005) [#15]
Thank god for that...I was getting worried I wouldn't be able to fix it. I have had that happen to me before, usually after a program crash in the blitz environment if I don't have debug mode on. Although nowadays it seems to be fine, have you got the latest update?

skn3(Posted 2005) [#16]
Wooo Gooo AC :) nice one jim!

Hotcakes(Posted 2005) [#17]
There is some about Blitz exes that causes me to have to reboot sometimes before I run them.

I used to get problems like that about 3 yeas ago, I think installing a newer version of DX helped - but if you're running 9.0c atm you might want to try reinstalling that?

markcw(Posted 2005) [#18]
looks nice but where are all the ladders?

JoeRetro(Posted 2005) [#19]
Great remake and I just love that trumpet music track!

Well done!

Falelorn(Posted 2005) [#20]
Jimbob

nice game. My newfew loves it.

Did you use Multimedia Fusion Pro or Standard or Games Factory? I looked here a few days ago

http://www.create-games.com/download.asp?id=5524

and doesnt say.

Keeps my nefew busy for a couple hours, saves me from entertaining him lol.

Jimbob(Posted 2005) [#21]
I used Blitz+ :P. I started drawing the graphics and animations in the Games Factory, and I still visit the 'klik' scene a lot so I posted it there. If you can on that site...vote for me! You play the game that's winning and tell me it's better with a straight face...I dare you.