Typing Tank Full Version

Community Forums/Showcase/Typing Tank Full Version

wizzlefish(Posted 2005) [#1]
I know I released this a long time ago, but I haven't posted v1.0 on these forums yet. I'd like to get some feedback, as this was the first REAL game I've ever released online. I've made many others (Smiley Shooter comes to mind) but this one was the first one I think I did a good job on.

Download: http://www.noenemies.com/downloads/files/install_tt10.exe

I'd like some comments, and if there is any way I can improve it, then let me know. I've thought about discontinuing development, but if there is something that I could add to it, I'd be glad to.

Here's a information page about Typing Tank:
http://noenemies.com/articles/viewarticle.php?id=3

Thanks for any feedback, in advance. :)

Ross C(Posted 2005) [#2]
The front screen looks good. The easy mode is verrrry hard. I'm no slow couch at typing. But i think this maybe a timing isue, ie. it runs slower on slower computers. But i came up against a word, i'm not even sure IS a word. It contain about 25 characters anyway and that was easy mode. AND it only destroyed one tank.

The How To Play screen/option doesn't work either. You should think about using bitmapped fonts for the text, or using a different font as it's hard to see on the backround.

It's hard to enjoy the game with these problems though :o) Front screen looks good tho :o)

wizzlefish(Posted 2005) [#3]
Yeah. Easy mode seemed easy, except for that one word we stuck in there for fun. It IS a real word, is the phobia of long words. Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia or something like that. The How To Play screen we never implemented, and I'll probably take it out. It's basically just a typing game. And all the fonts ARE bitmap fonts in the menu, just not in the game.

There was one version where you got a reward of flying hamsters if you beat the game, but I don't know where that is now. I think I'll fix a couple of those problems and update it.

Ross C(Posted 2005) [#4]
It's just too hard for being easy mode though i think. The tanks fly across the screen far too quickly.

wizzlefish(Posted 2005) [#5]
Strange...I put it speed code to regulate the speed, but I guess it goes very fast on your computer.