BlitzMax "Framework Assistant" - New version

Community Forums/Showcase/BlitzMax "Framework Assistant" - New version

EOF(Posted 2005) [#1]
** EDIT v2.12

http://sites.google.com/site/jimbrown007

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2005) [#2]
Fantastic

klepto2(Posted 2005) [#3]
That looks very nice. But could you add support of a folder selection. I mean that would make your Frameworkassist Compatible to the new BLIDE plugin system.

And I think that wouldn't be that difficult.

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#4]
If your framework assistant can get a bmx file as parameter, It could be integrated in next BLIde version, as I'm making a add-on system, to run external EXEs from BLIde, just passing the main bmx file and path as the only one and first parameter.
Is that possible with your assistant? it would be great!

EOF(Posted 2005) [#5]
could you add support of a folder selection
I sure could although I have not used Blide. Can you give me a rundown on how your plugin interface works?

is that possible with your assistant?
It is. See the faScanBMX.exe in the bin folder. This exe does the scan/examination on a given *.bmx file (an its associated includes). The results are stored in a faResults.txt file within the same folder as faScanBMX.exe
Usage:

>  faScanBMX mybmxfile.bmx

Example:

> faScanBMX c:\max\mygame\testgame.bmx

Just for the record faScanBMX uses the faScanMods.dat file which is generated by faScanMods.exe which is currently hard-coded to find the max MOD folder but I could add a small config file to tell the exe where the MOD folder is.

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#6]
What about spaces in the filename?

EOF(Posted 2005) [#7]
What about spaces in the filename?
Already accounted for. Currently, all passed arguments are joined to make one argument:
faScanBMX c:\max\my next big hit\half death.bmx

Although I could change this to allow separate arguments passed. Then, anything with spaces would need the whole argument wrapping in double quotes:
faScanBMX "c:\max\my project\super loop.bmx"

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#8]
I second the double quotes to make it more standard
I think BlitzMax wraps the double quotes automatically

Tibit(Posted 2005) [#9]
It doesn't work on my Network project =(
It loops forever, The app does not respond. Same is I use the source (.bmx) version.

Also found another bug in another project of mine.

If it checks an include "/SomeFolder/MoreIncludes.bmx" and in that bmx you have an include "ThisInclude.bmx" The framework assistant then misses Thisinclude.bmx is in /SomeFolder/

Have fun =)

EOF(Posted 2005) [#10]
I second the double quotes to make it more standard
Done in new update.

@Wave,
Can you try the new version. I have re-coded the in/out of directory stuff and fixed an issue with Includes.

Tibit(Posted 2005) [#11]
Sorry both problems still exist. With one bmx.file it just loops - a white unresponsive window. Don't know why because that include is nothing special. In the other it scans only 5 out of ~25 files when I scan the main. It works if I scan every file by itself. Atleast it much faster than manually including after build-errors, other than those bugs it's a very good tool, keep it up!

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2005) [#12]
It did miss this :- Import brl.freetypefont

skn3(Posted 2005) [#13]
How are you getting around the problem with streams ?

boomboommax(Posted 2005) [#14]
failed to work, couldnt find a .dat file

EOF(Posted 2005) [#15]
@Wave,
any chance of a structure showing how your includes are layed out? you can email me direct if you wish.

@Tim,
Was the brl.freetypefont required? LoadImageFont() for example comes under Max2D/GLMax2D

@Jonathan,
Could you elaborate?

@{cYanide}
Is this *.dat file an include? If so FA only attempts to examine *.bmx files.
Therefore, this sort of thing would be skipped:
Include "myroutines.dat"

skn3(Posted 2005) [#16]
Well for example you can do
"blah.png" "blah.jpg" and it will need a different module for each file.

but you could also do
local extension jpg:String = ".jpg"
local myimage:TImage = Loadimage("test"+extension)

EOF(Posted 2005) [#17]
FA will pick up on ".jpg" , ".bmp" , ".ogg" etc.. and add the related loader to the framework.

For things like:
mfile$=Input$()
i:TImage=LoadImage(myfile$)
a list of modules appear further down reminding the coder they will need one or more of the image loaders.

Tibit(Posted 2005) [#18]
Any chance of a structure showing how your includes are layed out?

Ok I’ll give it a try and to make it simple:
Project 1 – Scan Forever
In main
Include a

In a
Include b,c,d,e
In c it loops. Works if commented out

Project 2
In Main file:
Imports Vector,Color,Timer
Includes A,B,C,D,E
B itself includes 15 files

Don’t know if it’ll help, Good luck hope you find it!

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2005) [#19]
@JB, yeah it was LoadImageFont that I used and whilst the function worked the text did not display correctly.

EOF(Posted 2005) [#20]
Tim,
Thanks. Checked for in the next update.

@Wave,
could you please try the new update and let me know if that works?

EOF(Posted 2005) [#21]
* NEW UPDATE - see top of thread.

* Re-Write of the BMX Scan routine
* Improved GUI interface
* Can be installed anywhere (independent of BlitzMax location)
* FreeTypeFont check

Any bugs/problems/tips etc ... please post here.

flaith(Posted 2005) [#22]
nice tool, thx
btw, to work i had to change the fa.ini file to :

"F:\Program Files\BlitzMax\

because, without the " :

Scanning modules ...

! Unable to find BlitzMax MOD folder in:
F:/Program

**edit**

and, it cannot launch bmax :(

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2005) [#23]
likewise

! Unable to find BlitzMax MOD folder in:
D:/Program

also

Scan: caboodle.bmx
Scan: includes/mod_globals.bmx
Scan: includes/mod_constants.bmx
Scan: includes/mod_deltatime.bmx
Scan: includes/mod_types.bmx
Scan: includes/mod_simpleparticles.bmx
Scan: includes/mod_player.bmx
Scan: includes/mod_gamestates.bmx
Scan: includes/mod_gui.bmx
Scan: includes/mod_init.bmx
Scan: includes/mod_keybind.bmx
Scan: includes/mod_gfx_functions.bmx
Scan: includes/mod_highscores.bmx
*** File not found: mod_globals.bmx
*** File not found: mod_constants.bmx
*** File not found: mod_types.bmx
*** File not found: mod_simpleparticles.bmx
*** File not found: mod_player.bmx
*** File not found: mod_gamestates.bmx
*** File not found: mod_gui.bmx
*** File not found: mod_init.bmx
*** File not found: mod_keybind.bmx
*** File not found: mod_gfx_functions.bmx
*** File not found: mod_highscores.bmx

Can I have the old version back please - it worked.

EOF(Posted 2005) [#24]
Just uploaded new version with fix for spaces in folders.
Please re-download (and disregard the older version including the fa.ini)

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2005) [#25]
I Still get those file not found errors.

EOF(Posted 2005) [#26]
Tim,
I'm investigating the include issue at this moment. Stay tuned.

*EDIT*

Hopefully fixed folder/file scan issues for inludes.
If included file not found an error shows line causing fault.

Could you give the lastet version a run Tim and report back for me?

boomboommax(Posted 2005) [#27]
the .dat file was nothing todo with my program, it was todo with this app (framework assist)

EOF(Posted 2005) [#28]
does new version work?

boomboommax(Posted 2005) [#29]
yup

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2005) [#30]
Problem when using something like this :-

Select Renderer
		Case 0
			SetGraphicsDriver D3D7Max2DDriver()
		Case 1
 			SetGraphicsDriver GLMax2DDriver()

EndSelect

Framework Assistant does not include :-
Import  brl.glmax2d

Mr. Write Errors Man(Posted 2005) [#31]
When I try to choose BlitzMax root dir I get "Unable to create "fa.ini" in bin folder!" error message. My BlitzMax root dir is D:\Program Files\BlitzMax.

semar(Posted 2005) [#32]
@jb,
sorry for being a bit out-of-topic, but.. which gui are you using ? Is a BMax Gui or what else ?

Sergio.

LarsG(Posted 2005) [#33]
I was wondering the same thing...

EOF(Posted 2005) [#34]
When I try to choose BlitzMax root dir I get "Unable to create "fa.ini" in bin folder!" error message. My BlitzMax root dir is D:\Program Files\BlitzMax
Check if an fa.ini file is already present in the FrameWork Assistant bin folder. If so, try deleting it and re-running the assistant. It might be write-protected or corrupt.

fa.ini simply points to where your BlitzMax installation is.
So, worst case, just save a fa.ini file in the Framework Assistants bin folder. In your case this ini file should contain a single line entry of:

D:/Program Files/BlitzMax/

which gui are you using ? Is a BMax Gui or what else ?
PureBasic although when MaxGUI is let loose I can intergrate everything into one *.exe

Filax(Posted 2005) [#35]
Excellent job !!! great tool ! thanks to give it !!

I think Mark S. is obliged to include this tools in bmax install !

PS : I don"t understand why Bmax don't make the same thing ...

Filax(Posted 2005) [#36]
One of my web site member report me a little error :
When it use FA with this piece of code

Framework assistant forget to add :

Import pub.win32

EOF(Posted 2005) [#37]
Tim,
The SetGraphicsDriver D3D7Max2DDriver() / GLMax2DDriver() is taken care of in the new update.

filax,
pub.win32 should appear now.

I have added information in the ReadMe.txt file regarding the mixing of Max2D and 'pure' OpenGL commands/functions.
I found the Nehe tutorials had lots of issues here.
A hint will appear in the FA results screen when this sort of mixing occurs.

Thanks everyone for the bug reports.

Filax(Posted 2005) [#38]
Great !! i'm downloading now !

Filax(Posted 2005) [#39]
I have try this new version :)

good job with the Win32 append :) but ...

Can you verify the option that setup directly the framework
in OpenGl or DirectX because my program's refuse to start if the
line :

SetGraphicsDriver GLMax2DDriver() or the same with DirectX driver
is not set ??? for a strange reason this line disapear with some source code ??

FA Log example, that not work correctly : Only opengl driver is detected and the line
SetGraphicsDriver GLMax2DDriver() is not correctly setup.

And another request :
-----------------------
For example in my program, i don't load BMP file :) so can you
analyse the code to detect what media is used ? because you
import BMPLoader whereas I do not use BMP file ?

Keep up good job !!

EOF(Posted 2005) [#40]
Filax,
Updated to display SetGraphicsDriver according to what API is being used (MaxDirectX/MaxOpenGL/Both/PureOpenGL).

With regards to the brl.bmploader ...
Try commenting out the Import brl.bmploader to see if you get a compile error (like "Attempt to access Null object"). There must be a reference to a *.bmp file somewhere within the code.

FA will look for specific formats such as *.bmp , *.png, *.wav, *.ogg etc.. and add in the approriate loader to the module list.
Example:
alien=LoadImage("myalien.bmp")
will alert FA to the fact that the bmploader is required.

*(Posted 2005) [#41]
I get:
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/samples/TileCascade/.bmx/TileCascadeIncBin.bmx.debug.win32.o(code+0x57): undefined reference to `__bb_d3d7max2d_d3d7max2d'
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/samples/TileCascade/.bmx/TileCascadeIncBin.bmx.debug.win32.o(code+0x5c): undefined reference to `__bb_eventqueue_eventqueue'
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/samples/TileCascade/.bmx/TileCascadeIncBin.bmx.debug.win32.o(code+0x66): undefined reference to `__bb_freetypefont_freetypefont'
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/samples/TileCascade/.bmx/TileCascadeIncBin.bmx.debug.win32.o(code+0x75): undefined reference to `__bb_gnet_gnet'
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/samples/TileCascade/.bmx/TileCascadeIncBin.bmx.debug.win32.o(code+0x7f): undefined reference to `__bb_map_map'
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/samples/TileCascade/.bmx/TileCascadeIncBin.bmx.debug.win32.o(code+0x84): undefined reference to `__bb_maxutil_maxutil'
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/samples/TileCascade/.bmx/TileCascadeIncBin.bmx.debug.win32.o(code+0xa2): undefined reference to `__bb_freejoy_freejoy'
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/samples/TileCascade/.bmx/TileCascadeIncBin.bmx.debug.win32.o(code+0xa7): undefined reference to `__bb_glew_glew'
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/samples/TileCascade/.bmx/TileCascadeIncBin.bmx.debug.win32.o(code+0xac): undefined reference to `__bb_lua_lua'
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/samples/TileCascade/.bmx/TileCascadeIncBin.bmx.debug.win32.o(code+0xb1): undefined reference to `__bb_luascript_luascript'
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/samples/TileCascade/.bmx/TileCascadeGlobals.bmx.debug.win32.o(code+0x57): undefined reference to `__bb_d3d7max2d_d3d7max2d'
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/samples/TileCascade/.bmx/TileCascadeGlobals.bmx.debug.win32.o(code+0x5c): undefined reference to `__bb_eventqueue_eventqueue'
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/samples/TileCascade/.bmx/TileCascadeGlobals.bmx.debug.win32.o(code+0x66): undefined reference to `__bb_freetypefont_freetypefont'
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/samples/TileCascade/.bmx/TileCascadeGlobals.bmx.debug.win32.o(code+0x75): undefined reference to `__bb_gnet_gnet'
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/samples/TileCascade/.bmx/TileCascadeGlobals.bmx.debug.win32.o(code+0x7f): undefined reference to `__bb_map_map'
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/samples/TileCascade/.bmx/TileCascadeGlobals.bmx.debug.win32.o(code+0x84): undefined reference to `__bb_maxutil_maxutil'
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/samples/TileCascade/.bmx/TileCascadeGlobals.bmx.debug.win32.o(code+0xa2): undefined reference to `__bb_freejoy_freejoy'
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/samples/TileCascade/.bmx/TileCascadeGlobals.bmx.debug.win32.o(code+0xa7): undefined reference to `__bb_glew_glew'
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/samples/TileCascade/.bmx/TileCascadeGlobals.bmx.debug.win32.o(code+0xac): undefined reference to `__bb_lua_lua'
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/samples/TileCascade/.bmx/TileCascadeGlobals.bmx.debug.win32.o(code+0xb1): undefined reference to `__bb_luascript_luascript'
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/samples/TileCascade/.bmx/TileCascadeTypes.bmx.debug.win32.o(code+0x57): undefined reference to `__bb_d3d7max2d_d3d7max2d'
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/samples/TileCascade/.bmx/TileCascadeTypes.bmx.debug.win32.o(code+0x5c): undefined reference to `__bb_eventqueue_eventqueue'
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/samples/TileCascade/.bmx/TileCascadeTypes.bmx.debug.win32.o(code+0x66): undefined reference to `__bb_freetypefont_freetypefont'
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/samples/TileCascade/.bmx/TileCascadeTypes.bmx.debug.win32.o(code+0x75): undefined reference to `__bb_gnet_gnet'
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/samples/TileCascade/.bmx/TileCascadeTypes.bmx.debug.win32.o(code+0x7f): undefined reference to `__bb_map_map'
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/samples/TileCascade/.bmx/TileCascadeTypes.bmx.debug.win32.o(code+0x84): undefined reference to `__bb_maxutil_maxutil'
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/samples/TileCascade/.bmx/TileCascadeTypes.bmx.debug.win32.o(code+0xa2): undefined reference to `__bb_freejoy_freejoy'
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/samples/TileCascade/.bmx/TileCascadeTypes.bmx.debug.win32.o(code+0xa7): undefined reference to `__bb_glew_glew'
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/samples/TileCascade/.bmx/TileCascadeTypes.bmx.debug.win32.o(code+0xac): undefined reference to `__bb_lua_lua'
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/samples/TileCascade/.bmx/TileCascadeTypes.bmx.debug.win32.o(code+0xb1): undefined reference to `__bb_luascript_luascript'
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/samples/TileCascade/.bmx/TileCascadeMusic.bmx.debug.win32.o(code+0x57): undefined reference to `__bb_d3d7max2d_d3d7max2d'
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/samples/TileCascade/.bmx/TileCascadeMusic.bmx.debug.win32.o(code+0x5c): undefined reference to `__bb_eventqueue_eventqueue'
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/samples/TileCascade/.bmx/TileCascadeMusic.bmx.debug.win32.o(code+0x66): undefined reference to `__bb_freetypefont_freetypefont'
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/samples/TileCascade/.bmx/TileCascadeMusic.bmx.debug.win32.o(code+0x75): undefined reference to `__bb_gnet_gnet'
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/samples/TileCascade/.bmx/TileCascadeMusic.bmx.debug.win32.o(code+0x7f): undefined reference to `__bb_map_map'
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/samples/TileCascade/.bmx/TileCascadeMusic.bmx.debug.win32.o(code+0x84): undefined reference to `__bb_maxutil_maxutil'
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/samples/TileCascade/.bmx/TileCascadeMusic.bmx.debug.win32.o(code+0xa2): undefined reference to `__bb_freejoy_freejoy'
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/samples/TileCascade/.bmx/TileCascadeMusic.bmx.debug.win32.o(code+0xa7): undefined reference to `__bb_glew_glew'
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/samples/TileCascade/.bmx/TileCascadeMusic.bmx.debug.win32.o(code+0xac): undefined reference to `__bb_lua_lua'
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/samples/TileCascade/.bmx/TileCascadeMusic.bmx.debug.win32.o(code+0xb1): undefined reference to `__bb_luascript_luascript'

on compiling

Framework assistant chucks up
Scan: C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/samples/TileCascade/TileCascade.bmx
Scan: C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/samples/TileCascade/tilecascadeincbin.bmx
Scan: C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/samples/TileCascade/tilecascadeglobals.bmx
Scan: C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/samples/TileCascade/tilecascadetypes.bmx
Scan: C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/samples/TileCascade/tilecascademusic.bmx
Scan: C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/samples/TileCascade/tilecascadefunctions.bmx
Scan: C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/samples/TileCascade/tilecascademainmenu.bmx

Max2D OpenGL template:

' -------------------------------------
Framework brl.glmax2d
Import brl.freeaudioaudio
Import brl.filesystem
Import brl.oggloader
Import brl.pngloader
Import brl.ramstream
Import brl.random
Import brl.retro
Import brl.wavloader

OTHER IMPORTS

Import brl.bmploader
Import brl.tgaloader
Import brl.jpgloader

Help!!! as I dont want to use DirectX as I want the project to be multiplatform. Any ideas?

EOF(Posted 2005) [#42]
I think I've seen something like that before.
Try moving one or more of the imports into the code parts being imported by the main source. ie.

tilecascadeincbin.bmx -> Import brl.ramstream (and whatever loaders for the images/sounds etc.. being imported)

Or,

Try examining each file separately to see what imports they rely on.

Also, did you try the suggested OTHER IMPORTS?
Finally, what if you re-build everything (not Quick Build)

I'm still not 100% clued up on how all this importing works.
Utlimately I would love to be able to get all the imports inserted into the right places of the source code to minimise the hassle.

Filax(Posted 2005) [#43]
Thanks ! i'll try it :)

*(Posted 2005) [#44]
done that and it still chucks up the same thing, it seems to be missing some on the modules.

flaith(Posted 2005) [#45]
thx, it's ok for me :)

EOF(Posted 2005) [#46]
done that and it still chucks up the same thing, it seems to be missing some on the modules
Do you have functions such as JoyX() (for pub.freejoy) and lua commands/functions?

Looking at that error report it appears your program wants just about every module available.

Which method are you using for the extra files? ..
Import "tilecascadetypes.bmx"

or ..

Include "tilecascadetypes.bmx"

Also, I'm worried that the scan is checking the same files several times.
Example, tilecascadeglobals.bmx is checked 4 times(?)
Do your includes try to include the same file?

Is your Framework directive in the main file only?
That is, TileCascade.bmx should have FrameWork brl.blah and imports for whatever is needed in that file. The others should have Import brl.blahblah for wahtever they need.

Here's an example of what I'm rambling on about:

test.bmx
Framework brl.glmax2d
Import brl.bmploader

Import "dosound.bmx"

Graphics 640,480,0,2

i=LoadImage("pic.bmp")
DrawImage i,50,50

Flip
WaitKey
End
dosound.bmx
Import brl.freeaudioaudio
Import brl.wavloader
s=LoadSound("snd.wav")
PlaySound s
From the above, the dosound.bmx file which is 'imported' by test.bmx has it's own associated module imports but no Framework command.
The main test.bmx file has a Framework command and it's own module imports too.

That's assuming you are doing Import "blah.bmx" as opposed to Inlcude "blah.bmx"

*(Posted 2005) [#47]
yeah noticed that finally, each file needs its own imports for its modules. Unfortunately the help system doesnt actually explain this much at all with Max it just tells you what the framework command is nothing more.

Robert Cummings(Posted 2005) [#48]
SUGGESTION:

As I use both opengl and dx (just in case one fails) how about having a framework that includes both?

Some people will want both frameworks in. I don't know how to modify the output to include both.

*(Posted 2005) [#49]
another suggestion if possible would be Framework assistant suggests the mods required for all imported code too seeing as it scans them as well.

EOF(Posted 2005) [#50]
fish,
If you have something like this in your code:
Graphics blah..
If USEOPENGL=True
Else
Endif

You should see this type of result:
Max2D DirectX+OpenGL template:

Framework brl.glmax2d
Import brl.d3d7max2d
Import brl.whatever
Import brl.someothermodule

REMINDER

Ed,
Looking into it. Something along these lines should help ..
Scan: C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/samples/TileCascade/TileCascade.bmx
Scan: C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/samples/TileCascade/tilecascadeincbin.bmx

For TileCascade.bmx insert this code:

For tilecascadeincbin.bmx insert this code:

etc ...

*(Posted 2005) [#51]
yeah thats the ticket, as I didnt know that each import needed its own modules :D

Filax(Posted 2005) [#52]
I'm thinking ... Can you improve your program with drag and drop
support ?

EOF(Posted 2005) [#53]
Drag and drop added. Only one *.bmx file at a time though.
(Credits to James Boyd for the D&D code!)

Hotcakes(Posted 2005) [#54]
Dungeons and Dragons? What's that got to do with ... ooohhh.

Filax(Posted 2005) [#55]
Hotcakes :
-----------
lol :)

JB :
---
Perfect !!!! JB i love you !! I use your software every day !

Check your email at config2000@... i have send
to you an email :)

EOF(Posted 2005) [#56]
another suggestion if possible would be Framework assistant suggests the mods required for all imported code too seeing as it scans them as well.

Done in the new version.

FA now produces a HTML report which should make things a little easier to follow.
You can click the links in the report to access the source code. Just bear in mind the current default MaxIDE editor will open up multiple instances.

NOTE: If you prefer to 'Drag & Drop' your *.bmx files avoid the html window. Just drop onto the area above.

Grisu(Posted 2005) [#57]
Works fine!

Although it suggests some modules that aren't needed.

My modules:
Framework brl.glmax2d
Import brl.pngloader
Import brl.retro
Import pub.zipengine ' ZIP Engine!

FA modules:
Framework brl.glmax2d
Import pub.win32
Import brl.filesystem
Import brl.ramstream
Import brl.pngloader
Import brl.retro

' modules which may be required:
' Import brl.bmploader
' Import brl.tgaloader
' Import brl.jpgloader

Strange thing is: the program really uses file access.
But somehow it just runs fine with the few modules above.

Filax(Posted 2005) [#58]
Many Thanks for this new version !!!! the may be :

' modules which may be required:
' Import brl.pngloader
' Import brl.bmploader
' Import brl.tgaloader

Is a really good idea !

Hotcakes(Posted 2005) [#59]
But somehow it just runs fine with the few modules above.

That's because your main code doesn't access any of the types or functions related to file loading directly. Whatever functions your main code calls, whereever those functions are located, THAT'S what is Importing 'brl.loadmyfile'. What this is doing is scanning all your imports as well and making one recommendation for the lot.

Filax(Posted 2005) [#60]
I have found a problem with this code :

The code don't work when i use this framework :

Framework brl.stream
Import brl.standardio

This code call a php script on a web site ... without this framework
the code work correctly.

Azathoth(Posted 2005) [#61]
When trying to Refresh module data it gives "The page cannot be displayed" error in html report.

Its installed in D:\Program Files\BlitzMax\fa

EOF(Posted 2005) [#62]
Filax,
Does adding Import brl.httpstream fix the problem?
See new version which now checks for 'http'

aeiou,
3 things:

1) Check if there is a results.htm file present in the D:\Program Files\BlitzMax\fa\bin folder.
2) Try right-clicking over the html area and refreshing the page
3) Check that there is an Atl.dll file in D:\Program Files\BlitzMax\fa

Azathoth(Posted 2005) [#63]
1) No only fa.ini, faScanBMX.exe and a htmldata folder
2) No, doesn't change.
3) Yes the file is there.

Edit: I worked out the problem, I had to unblock faScanBMX.exe in properties. Anyone know how to stop XP from blocking certain downloaded files?

Filax(Posted 2005) [#64]
Iw ill try jb ! :)

Filax(Posted 2005) [#65]
It's seem to have a problem :

i have try to test this code :

But framework assistant reply me only this :

Framework BRL.StandardIO
Import BRL.LinkedList

Do you add the httpstream ?

EOF(Posted 2005) [#66]
Ah. Fixed issue with multiple quotes on one line. Should work now.

Filax(Posted 2005) [#67]
Cool :)

plash(Posted 2008) [#68]
Sorry for the gravedig, but the linux download doesn't seem to be in gzip format (ubuntu 7.10). I get this from the linux archive on Jim's website:
gzip: stdin: not in gzip format
tar: Child returned status 1
tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors

EDIT: Renaming the archive to .tar, .gz, .zip did nothing.

EOF(Posted 2008) [#69]
Plash,
Check you mail

Grisu(Posted 2008) [#70]
Ahhh, a Zombie-thread run for your life... :o)

Found a small error on your website Jim:
- Download the UPX *.exe compressor and use parameter -9 for best compression.

The flag "--ultra-brute" is the best as far as I know.

Drackbolt(Posted 2010) [#71]
Anyone have an update on the gzip errors with the Linux download? I'm running into the same thing today.

EOF(Posted 2010) [#72]
Drackbolt,
I sent you an email