World Editor (UwE)

Community Forums/Showcase/World Editor (UwE)

Teffo(Posted 2005) [#1]
Finished off my world editor finally!

Included are around 300 objects to show it off. I worked hard on the objects, so please don't sell them in a bundle.

I'm working on enhancing zone/world creation and new updates should be available.

It's a universal world editor because it creates ascii scene outputs of object placement and such, and should be importable into your game.

Thanks for reading and/or trying it out. Download takes ~10min (I'm hosting the ~32mb file)
http://www.wizardportal.com/optimaiv/uwe/uwe.html
Teffo

Zephar123(Posted 2006) [#2]
wanted to try it out but the link is dead :( any way you could get this to em somehow. Be willing help you out with hosting . feel free to email me silvatech@...

Wayne(Posted 2006) [#3]
This link works: http://66.159.225.58/uwe/uwe.zip

Ross C(Posted 2006) [#4]
Ok, i downloaded this and had a shot. It's a decent effort, but it seems like it's built for you personally. The controls are very strange. Such as, use the mouse to move the cursor over a mesh then press the "S" key or "P" key (can't remember which just now), to select it. Wouldn't it make more sense to use the mouse button?

There's no way i can see, to increase the speed the camera moves at, if you move it away from the land.

When your moving the camera away from the land, vertically, it spins for some reason. I though that it was meant, up until a certain height, but it just keeps turning.

You should allow the camera to be moved whilst your moving the mesh, or have a key or mouse button you can hold, to temp move the camera.

If all of the issues are addressed above, this could become a good tool. World editors aren't easy to build, so keep it up man :o)

Ross C(Posted 2006) [#5]
Oh, and try and combine the objects into a data pak or something. They are very easy to just copy away :o) Nice models btw.

FBEpyon(Posted 2006) [#6]
If you could post some Screen Shots that would help people get a better idea of the project..

Ross C(Posted 2006) [#7]
It's something you need to download really, to get the feel of it :o)

Mikele(Posted 2006) [#8]
Nice gfx, strange controls.
Not bad... but i prefer my own editor ;)