The triumphant return of Warpy Code(tm)!

Community Forums/Showcase/The triumphant return of Warpy Code(tm)!

Warpy(Posted 2005) [#1]
First, a note to those not familiar with my inimitable style: yes, it's rubbish and not in the least clever. You're entirely missing the point.

I present... Boats!
And as a bonus, something I made last night, Flies!

They'll both work as screensavers if you want, though I have a feeling Flies will eventually die because it'll fill up with bubbles.

Caff(Posted 2005) [#2]
Cool! Um, but flies? they look a bit more like sperm 'n eggs :s

(from what I can remember in biology lessons)

Zenith(Posted 2005) [#3]
Haha, as always, fun to see ;)

But yeah, they look like sperm and eggs; Artificial Life sim? :)

Snarkbait(Posted 2005) [#4]
Still can't put an 'End' in your code, eh? ;)

The jellyfish one r0x0rz. Too bad I can't get a clue how it works from looking at the scary mathematics.

Warpy(Posted 2005) [#5]
Caff - do the other ones look like boats? The names are just what I was thinking of when I started :)

Snarkbait - the tendrils are swingy pendula, which should be quite simple, but they've got 'stiffness' added in so they don't go flying about too much, and a bit of random motion so they look sufficiently jellyfish-ish. The main body is a bit more complicated - it's got a constant gravitational force, and an oscillating 'jet' force from the wobbling tendrils that's proportional to the distance between the jellyfish and it's target and a sin function. There's also a sideways force that's proportional to the distance, and the vertical one that gets bigger the more the jellyfish is tilted.

So yeah, scary maths :P

Warpy(Posted 2005) [#6]
Rowing! - now it's got boats, and prettier graphics, and all sorts of nice stuff!

Perturbatio(Posted 2005) [#7]
you missed a b

fredborg(Posted 2005) [#8]
Brilliant!

Perturbatio(Posted 2005) [#9]
oh yeah, forgot to say: much coolness :)

Warpy(Posted 2005) [#10]
Following the grand tradition of always owning at least half the posts in my own threads...

Fixed the link; thankyou both, fredborg and perturbatio; and I've just remembered I never posted a couple of things I made earlier - Boots and (the far more impressive) Big Boots!

fredborg(Posted 2005) [#11]
Big Boots is fabulous! Tom Cruise can go home now.

VIP3R(Posted 2005) [#12]
Very cool stuff Warpy, I think those are the first digital sperms I've ever witnessed :P

And Big boots... brilliant! :)

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2005) [#13]
if thats not a screen saver in the making i dont know what is.

Warpy(Posted 2005) [#14]
Running out of ideas for now... Juggling!

Perturbatio(Posted 2005) [#15]
Running out of ideas for now...

hmmm...
lightsaber duel?
ski jumping?

BlitzSupport(Posted 2005) [#16]
Cool, welcome back Warpy -- this stuff helps keep your warped reputation intact.

Oddball(Posted 2005) [#17]
I enjoyed Rowing and Juggling the best. Very creative. How do you come up with your warped ideas?

Zenith(Posted 2005) [#18]
I think its all in the name. :D