Vigrid Game Engine - Create turn-based games

Community Forums/Showcase/Vigrid Game Engine - Create turn-based games

Drackbolt(Posted 2005) [#1]
Create your own hex-board, turn-based strategy game for free! Engine created entirely with Blitz3d (although it is 2d). Please check it out, and start making your own games:
http://vigrid.workpad.com
Please leave feedback on that website. Thanks for looking!

slenkar(Posted 2005) [#2]
Do they have to be war games with 2 sides?

Drackbolt(Posted 2005) [#3]
Currently yes, but it's a work in progress, so new things will be added in the future... Eventually I hope to include AI opponents and custom campaigns (and possibly even more players), but first things first. The engine itself needs some stress-testing. Thanks for the interest!

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#4]
It's looking good so far. Needs more Eye-Candy :)

Turnbased strategy should feature a "destiny-engine", like unpredictable catastrophes or diseases (and more) IMHO.

Drackbolt(Posted 2005) [#5]
Hmmm... That's another good idea. If you get the chance, please put suggestions like that under the "wishlist" forum at the home page for the engine, so they can be discussed and elaborated upon. I need to get some posts up there to get things started, and I will check it every day. And don't worry, you won't get spammed or sold to spammers if you register there.

The "Eye-Candy" will be supplied by the user; The game I included with it is entirely designed by myself, and I am no graphic artist. :0) I personally like my campy little pictures, but I know just about anybody can do better. And besides, I hope the gameplay is always more memorable than the graphics.

Thanks for the compliment too!