[K]ODE Full 1.0 Version Released

Community Forums/Showcase/[K]ODE Full 1.0 Version Released

KuRiX(Posted 2005) [#1]
Well, here it is, my ode physics editor. Hope you like it.

Remember that the Kit Comes with a Blitz3D Wrapper DLL for ODE Physics with Full TriMesh Support and DCylinder!

www.lcuriel.arrakis.es/kode/

Don't be too hard with me...

Naughty Alien(Posted 2005) [#2]
...well..maybe somethings wrong with my browser, but I didnt find a way to download any demo..

VIP3R(Posted 2005) [#3]
Here... http://www.lcuriel.arrakis.es/kode/downloads.htm

KuRiX, could you also provide a zipped version?

KuRiX(Posted 2005) [#4]
Ok, for those having problems with the downloads...

www.lcuriel.arrakis.es/kode/kodedemo10.rar
www.lcuriel.arrakis.es/kode/kodedemo10.zip

I will change the download page to have a plain text hyperlink (not java).

Cheers...

VIP3R(Posted 2005) [#5]
Thanks KuRiX :)

I'll check it out and give you some feedback shortly.

Najdorf(Posted 2005) [#6]
amazingly kool stuff :)

just it seems to block after 20 seconds since you start running stuff

Also there should be a way to drag stuff closer-further, not just left-right -up-down (which you can do with the mouse) or rotate view.

Anyway, great job

KuRiX(Posted 2005) [#7]
Well, the block is because the demo is limited to 1000 steps :D. You can see the steps remaining in the kode player.

The full version comes with no steps limit.

About the stuff moving i was thinking a lot how to do it, and i thought that this was a good way. Anyway you can set the position just setting the entity position in the text boxes of the edit tab :D

Thanks all!

Ricky Smith(Posted 2005) [#8]
Nice Work - another one to go on the "to buy" list !

Mustang(Posted 2005) [#9]
Ok, played with it few minutes... comments:

The font used (font face="fantasy") is truly hideous and unreadable... also there are few "accidental" spanish words present in the help files, like "pagina nuova 1" - I can understand what it means but still... :)

Program itself seems top notch, and if nothing unexpected happens (bug, usability stuff) during the evaluation of this trial version you'll get one buying customer from me for sure. But be warned - I'm not easy, I'm going to bug you repeatedly if there is something that could & should be improved. :P

VIP3R(Posted 2005) [#10]
I'm still playing around with it here :)

One thing I have noticed is that I can't seem to change the step size, is that limited in the demo version?

I agree about the fantasy font, it's unreadable here too. You should probably ditch the java menu system too, otherwise you may have endless support requests from users who don't allow java applets to run in their browsers.

Clarks(Posted 2005) [#11]
ill save my comments as you asked not to be too hard

KuRiX(Posted 2005) [#12]
Ok, i will correct the help files and the java support now. I see the font as Arial, so it must be an Html problem. Correcting it now too.

Clarks, you can post your comments, i want to make it better xD

Cheers.

KuRiX(Posted 2005) [#13]
Well, i have fixed the StepSize Problem. (GUI PROBLEM). So we have the 1.01 version already in my server ;)

I have eliminated the java applets from web and help docs, and changed the font to Arial.

Thanks all for your help.

Cheers, KuRi.

Najdorf(Posted 2005) [#14]
hey, couldn't you remove the 10 secs limit? I just want to play with that ragdoll :P

KuRiX(Posted 2005) [#15]
Hehe, its funny indeed. Other thing that you could try is to open the geomtransform.kode and try to put every object on top of the table.

Perhaps we could make a game based on that, hehe.

I know that 1000 steps (10 secs more less) is not too much, but i need to have a demo version in some way. Perhaps i will change that to 2000 steps :D

Najdorf(Posted 2005) [#16]
nah, never bother the customers requests in this sense!
They'll lead you to release the stuff free!
You have to take the part of the badguy!

KuRiX(Posted 2005) [#17]
Haha, i don't know how to be the badguy. I have spent lot of months learning the physics library world and now i want to help people to learn it too!

Now i am working on a Real Ragdoll model with bones animation support. Using KODE of course :D

Najdorf(Posted 2005) [#18]
The world of software is very cruel. What I learned is not to listen to people, listen to your sales, if you want to survive.

KuRiX(Posted 2005) [#19]
Yep, thanks for the advise. I have seen good ideas go to the trush because of very cruel comments.

KuRiX(Posted 2005) [#20]
The actual version is the 1.03 and the demo has been raised to 5000 Steps!
(About a Minute of DLL Execution!)

Enjoy!
Cheers, KuRi.