CuanaToon

Community Forums/Showcase/CuanaToon

Calibre(Posted 2005) [#1]
Critical, supports and suggestions for the Cuanatoon game.

If anybody want knows more about the story, please contact us! We are looking for a publisher. :)

Screen: http://www.blitzbasic.com/gallery/view_pic.php?id=1013&gallery=&page=1

More Screens: http://www.calibregames.com (no english yet)

download it: http://200.134.81.73/calibre/download.php?file=ct.zip

Perturbatio(Posted 2005) [#2]
huh? The what now?

Rob Farley(Posted 2005) [#3]
OK... I'm on a 2 mb pipe here at work and I got bored waiting for the initial page to load... You really need to improve your site, lose the flash stuff or whatever that loading bar is about.

Perturbatio(Posted 2005) [#4]
ok, I found the download but it's coming down at 15-16kB/s (28.5MB file)

Calibre(Posted 2005) [#5]
Hi Perturbatio , sorry by low speed to get demo. It is maybe own server just today! We are optimizing the web and translating to english this for this week.

Hi Rob Farley, the initial flash website has lower then 100k. The problems is the server today! sorry! :)

Perturbatio(Posted 2005) [#6]
np, it's d/l'ing in the background so I'll look at it later.

actually, I'll probably find the zip in three days time and think ct? what the heck is that?

Calibre(Posted 2005) [#7]
CT - Cuanatoon is a 3D PC single player game using MAX,Blitz3d and TOKAMAK with 3rd person vision based on games like Twinsen Odyssey, Alone in the dark and Time Command. He characters are described in a cartoon way and its actions are of a comic nature. The player controls the character in an ant colony set on an imaginary island.
See the screen:
http://www.blitzbasic.com/gallery/view_pic.php?id=1012&gallery=&page=1

JustLuke(Posted 2005) [#8]
I've not downloaded this yet but I will. The screenshots in the gallery look fantastic.

Perturbatio(Posted 2005) [#9]
The graphics are excellent, very well done.
I like the idea of the non-lethal weaponry (the sucker gun).

I noticed a couple of typos:
Inventory is mis-spelled in the options menu.
Disappeared is mis-spelled in the opening story.
I did find the person speaking in the opening movie a little hard to understand.

Also, the text:
"I live in Cuana Island, where two big populations of ladybugs and ants live, besides other kinds of insects"
doesn't seem right.

Maybe:
"I live on Cuana Island where two large populations of ladybugs and ants live, along with other kinds of insects"

Calibre(Posted 2005) [#10]
Thank you Perturbatio, we will need any suport with the english. :)

Uber Lieutenant(Posted 2005) [#11]
That's a fun demo, though the game needs to be improved in so many ways. I really want to work on a platformer somewhat like this, but I don't think I could progress with the coding. Release some code and you win a cookie :)

Nice work!

Caff(Posted 2005) [#12]
I tried this demo about 2 weeks ago, I searched for your site for the download (maybe from this gallery on this site?).

I like the graphics - the models and animations are very good. The tokakamak physics work well (but you should use more of it) - and the ambience of the game is very nice. I can see this working well as a game for kids (ie. 7 to 11).

However - and I won't hold back, because I feel that this may help you make the game better -

1. The gameplay is awful. It's really simplistic. In the current day of gaming, you cannot expect gamers of any age to simply be satisfied with simply aiming at the enemy and shooting and moving. It's far too basic.

2. The voice-over is a really good effort - as an englishman, I think it's a very good attempt compared to anything I could try. But some of the words do sound heavily accented, and the spelling is bad in some places and needs checking as others have mentioned.

I think if you focus on the gameplay and try to provide some variation, you can have something that can sell well. At present, it is rooted in the 1980's in terms of gameplay. Create a good story, give it some love, and it will sell.

Calibre(Posted 2005) [#13]
Ok Caff, you sure! Thanks by your sincerity! We really need a englishman and the gameplay of demo is awful. But, The story have more then it. We fail on translate game history to DEMO. May I send the game-designer to you and First demo about the level? The graphics is awful but we would like linsten your critics about gameplay.

About Tokamak, the next demo will have a RAGDOLL and more that Physics Library.

best regards

Perturbatio(Posted 2005) [#14]
As regards gameplay, the aiming does seem a little off.
Also, I had trouble with the camera when trying to turn to face an enemy whilst standing near a corner (it sometimes got trapped on the corner).

Also, as regards the user interface, the left and right arrows that are used to change item with the mouse are too sensitive (like using mousedown instead of mousehit).

RepeatUntil(Posted 2005) [#15]
This game is the most beautiful game ever done in Blitz!! The graphics are very very nice!!
Awesome!!
If you could improve a bit the gameplay, it would be nice...

Rob Farley(Posted 2005) [#16]
For want of not saying what everyone else has said.

Lovely graphics, although no shadows which I think is a mistake, I would look at getting Sswifts shadow system. With the graphics as pretty as they are I think it would be a shame not to go for that extra polish.

Dull gameplay, as per what everyone else has said.

Voice acting, well, I quite like the fact that he has a accent although you need to use different people for the different voices, it's a bit obvious it's the same person.

Spelling mistakes all over the place, grammatical errors all over the place.

Generally looks very good, just needs tweaks here and there.

Calibre(Posted 2005) [#17]
OK Guys!!

About 3º level of Cuanatoon story that you downloaded:

It was finished in December of 2003. We failed by don't

post it here before. Here's right place to evaluate it. Maybe we already had got a publisher.

The most careful is gameplay

However, before we did the 2º level. It was the own first demo,

The gameplay show be better, but it graphic's dull.

Please download it and give us opinions about gameplay:

http://psi.cp.cefetpr.br/calibre/download.php?file=ct0.zip

Other features that we'll consider as to do list:

[1] Spelling
[2] Grammatical
[3] Gameplay of level 3
[4] Shadows - We need support Rob Farley!!
[5] CAM - We need support too. :)
[6] More tokamak functions - RAGDOLL,etc!! :)

Best Regards,

Calibre Entertainment.