TI-86 Avalanche Remake (Online Scores)

Community Forums/Showcase/TI-86 Avalanche Remake (Online Scores)

Eikon(Posted 2005) [#1]
Avalanche is a remake of the original game for the assembler shell on the TI-86 calculator. I used to pass the hours in math class with it, and thought it would be fun to do a remake with online high scores. The scores will be updated manually at first, but eventually I want to write a program that will generate the new HTML file automatically, and this game was a good way to get me motivated to complete that system. Written in BlitzMax, it features fullscreen and windowed modes, as well as local high scores. Please share any feedback you have, and also let me know about any other calculator games you enjoy, incase I do any more quick remakes.

Download Avalanche 394KB
High Scores

Perturbatio(Posted 2005) [#2]
whoop! 4529!

Eikon(Posted 2005) [#3]
Nice one! Still trying to beat it...

Note to anyone who downloaded early, a new version is up that allows you to upload scores in fullscreen mode.

Perturbatio(Posted 2005) [#4]
I did better when I was half asleep, I can barely get over 1500 now.

Foppy(Posted 2005) [#5]
I scored 1297 but it didn't appear in the hi score list! Booooh! ;)

Still, it's a funny game and an online score table is great, nice work.

Eikon(Posted 2005) [#6]
Hi Foppy, I'm sorry about that. Some of the score files are coming up empty on the server, and I'm still not sure why. I'll add you to the list and try to find out what the problem is - thanks.

*edit*
I just uploaded a new version that may fix the problem. Please download it and upload a test score with the name Foppy.

Najdorf(Posted 2005) [#7]
still doesn't work for me.

btw, could you explain in broad terms how you implemented the online scoring?

Eikon(Posted 2005) [#8]
Najdorf, your scores uploaded fine, I just haven't put them in the list yet. Thank you for testing. As I mentioned in my initial post, I am updating the score list manually at first, this is why they don't appear in the list instantly. Eventually I wanted to write a system that would check for new scores and output the html file for me, which I still plan to do in the future.

I am using Mark and Chevron's FTP functions to upload the scores to my server
http://www.blitzbasic.com/codearcs/codearcs.php?code=248