GEOM Version 1.2 Released

Community Forums/Showcase/GEOM Version 1.2 Released

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2005) [#1]
Thanks to all our customers for the great feedback, this is the result.

What's new in 1.2?

* Improved Visuals - Background and particle effects
* New "Unlimited" game mode - this one will really challenge those skills.
* Ability to load level packs - These are free to all registered users and will be available shortly

What's still to come?

* Level Designer - Create your own level packs
* On-Line High Score Tables

www.geomgame.com

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#2]
This is a very special game. Although it isn't too shiny and eyecatching in the first place, it has true potential to become a new cult game. I wish you good luck with this!

Maybe you should now concentrate on how to sell this, how to bring the idea to the masses.

Braincell(Posted 2005) [#3]
Yea, just be persistent with marketing and this game should be the next tetris. I am yet to buy it tho *blush* but i will soon.

VIP3R(Posted 2005) [#4]
If you were able to make a phone version of Geom, it would make a fortune!

*sniff* I downloaded V1.2 but I don't have any trial time left from the previous demo :(

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2005) [#5]
Thanks people.

We are looking at porting this to mobile devices but don't have any experience in that field. Any helpers?

@VIP3R, I am trying to find out how to extend demo licences - I'll pm you if I get it working. Or you could purchase it :P

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2005) [#6]
If you download the demo now the trial period should reset if you had version 1 installed

VIP3R(Posted 2005) [#7]
I'd like to buy it Tim but Mrs VIP3R is very strict about me buying games :)

I could do a serial swap for some of our software though ;)

Porting it to mobiles could be tricky. There are a few languages that are dedicated to doing this, but the API's of phones can differ slightly causing compatibility issues. Then there is the marketing side of it which is another kettle of fish altogether.

I would try and sell the IP to a large mobile games company while keeping the rights to PC versions yourselves.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#8]
you can become a member of motocoder , thre motorola coder community, they give away free tools for their mobiles.

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2005) [#9]
Thanks for the advice, i've done some research and I can't believe that there are different requirements for different phones. I may try selling the idea to one of the biggies and see what comes of it. At least that way I get a load of cash upfront which will finance the next Indiepath title.

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2005) [#10]
Level Editor now released with 101 additional levels.

1) Download as complete game package (if you don't have v1.2)- http://www.geomgame.com/download.php
or 2) Download Editor Installer Package - http://www.geomgame.com/downloads/editor_setup.exe

Have fun.

PS. You can make your own levels in the Trial version.

Tim.