Pocket Invaders - (WS)

Community Forums/Showcase/Pocket Invaders - (WS)

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2005) [#1]
Info Page
http://www.teamrebellion.co.uk/Development/projects.php?set=19
Direct Download VERSION = 0.0.0.4
http://www.teamrebellion.co.uk/Development/games/PInvaders/version%200.0.0.4.zip

Images

Open Source Pocket Space Invaders Projetc.

Current Authors.
Yavin
jb

All information is in the source, feel free to download it and add to it. Anyone adding will have credit for it. Any changes to the Above downloed source, please post them here and I will add them/test them and update this post.

Anyone having problems getting the files let me know.

>>>>>> IMPORTANT <<<<<<<

Please post any new code changes here in the form of pasted code into a code box, and only post the functions or methods you are changing, If we keep posting full source edits then we will end up with a mess, and it will get hard to implement each new change into the main source.

Thanks.

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2005) [#2]
Oh in the code, in the comments at the top, they are out of date now and I found the memoverflow that it mentions.

EOF(Posted 2005) [#3]
(edit - see below)

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2005) [#4]
you know i forgot i posted it at all ROFL... gona download it and see ..

[edit]- Oh and I lost those sprites as well. glad to see they survived lol

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2005) [#5]
JB, Nice m8, glad it helped you out. I will add your source changes to the original, Add your name to the Credits. and re-upload it, Unless you object.

EOF(Posted 2005) [#6]
Not at all. Feel free.

I meant to add a bonus UFO spacecraft which works its way along the top.

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2005) [#7]
Main Post updated with the new source, and some additions.

With some luck the some of the Max guys on Linux and Mac will compile this for those platforms.

[edit] Woops, just noticed that a sprite I added never made it into the zip, I will add it in the next update.

The Caffeine Kid(Posted 2005) [#8]
Why is the lowest score on the top of the high score board pic, and the highest score at the bottom? :)

EOF(Posted 2005) [#9]
(edit - see below)

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2005) [#10]
File has bee updated.

Now on version numbers and this one going up with a combination of JB's new stuff and some of my new stuff is on version 0.0.0.2

Please from now on just post Source code in a code box, and only of the function or method you change, otherwise it will get really hard to intergrate the new stuff into the main source as more people add to it.

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2005) [#11]
@ TCK - we havent done any work on the table yet, so its not sorted on score . or anythign else for that matter.

thats on the list of things to do. if its anoying you feel free to edit the source.

I am going to add a direct link to the download. try and get more people downloading it. I know a lot of you hate having to register for anything :/

EOF(Posted 2005) [#12]
(edit - see below)

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2005) [#13]
I will have a look, and take the best bits from it and add it to the current source.

Might not have time to do it tonight but I should get round to it tommorow.

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2005) [#14]
M8 your new code wont compile. Download the current source from the top post then edit that, its the most uptodate source at the moment.

Just make your changes and post your code in codebox's

EOF(Posted 2005) [#15]
Yavin,
see what you think to this now ...

The code has been tightened up to try and make things easy to drop in. For instance, the alien sprites now live in an array and a loop loads them in. Very easy to add new aliens now.

Lastest media for game here:
Pocket Invaders - MEDIA

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2005) [#16]
New Version plus mods updated, see the top post.

If you dont have Version 0.0.0.3 then please make changes to that..

@jb yeah m8 code is looking nice and tidy now, Should be a lot easier to add stuff. Aslo looks like this is going to help a few people as well which is what I wanted ..

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2005) [#17]
Bump

DannyD(Posted 2005) [#18]

The online score code shouldn't be too hard right ? Anyone still working on this ?

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2005) [#19]
Yeah I am. just not had much time the last few days/week ..

Iv added some new stuff and converted it to run on DX, and not OpenGL.

Erm I think frame limiting is also in if I recall. So what we need atm is an enter name @ game over routine, I think thats what I was working on last, the score board needs to be put into a sorted array and then the score in pos 5, needs to be checked off of your end game score, and if your score is over it, add your score to pos 5 and then sort the array.. so if you wana help you could do a....

Function SortScore()
Function EnterPlayerName()

and post the code.

If I have time tonight I will update the main source at the top and the main download that I have on my site with the upto date version.

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2005) [#20]
Main Post updated with the most uptodate stuff.

Neuro(Posted 2005) [#21]
I dont have blitzmax, is there an exe somewhere?

EOF(Posted 2005) [#22]
Here - Pocket Invaders 0.0.0.5 + EXE

Yav, I've tweaked a couple of things such as:

* background images are now *.jpg
* FPS counter integrated into Render() function
* Simple timer-based limiter for Update()
* Pulled History and ToDo into own external text files

Neuro(Posted 2005) [#23]
well, I just got blitzmax today but thanks anyways!

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2006) [#24]
Does Anyone have a full source of this with the history of changes ?

I had this upto version 0.0.3.4 which sadly didnt get released due to lack of time on my part.

Was wondering what the most upto date version out there is Id like a link if possible.

Jim's link dont work.