Iron Fist 096 Alpha

Community Forums/Showcase/Iron Fist 096 Alpha

Grey Alien(Posted 2005) [#1]
See how my kung fu platformer is coming on at

http://www.jbcomputersolutions.com/ironfist.shtml

I must emphasise that this is not even a Beta version, it is just an example level to show what I've been up to. The gameplay, graphics and level design are nowhere finished but it is still fun to play (imho).

Have a go, kick some arse!

Teddyfles(Posted 2005) [#2]
I like the fighting/platform combination gameplay.

What are you planning for the graphics? They're quite inconsistent right now. Maybe it would be cool if the game completely was in the style of the stick-figure player and enemies.

The turorial texts were a bit too obvious. I could figure out things like "kill enemies" and "pick up coins" myself. Something like "kill an enemy to gain more time" would have been more helpful. It took me a while before I noticed it worked that way.

Anyway, still needs a lot of work, but it's a fun start.

Grey Alien(Posted 2005) [#3]
Thnx Teddyfles: The stick men were just a quick graphic so I could get all the engine code in place. I may replace them with photos or use photos as a guide to make hand drawn stick figures (on the PC). Sorry about the tutorial scrolls, this isn't really a tutorial level, it was just a test level for the engine. I'll release a proper tutorial level soon. Glad it's fun.

Braincell(Posted 2005) [#4]
Are you going to make it so that it has a beautiful backroung with blue sky, green trees , wonderful colorful flowers, birds that fly around and sing along, and then have characters with extreme violence, huge blood, gruesome deaths and some realistic death-physics? Cos thats what i first thought when i saw that screenie, and it might be a v. good idea!

Grey Alien(Posted 2005) [#5]
Lenn: It's gonna have some moves that rock and ki power and other stuff, so it should be good fun. But its also going to have puzzle elements too.