Project Tile game

Community Forums/Showcase/Project Tile game

Boulderdash(Posted 2005) [#1]
Here is the lastest screen shot of "Project Tile Game"

Project start date 29/4/2005

Grey Alien(Posted 2005) [#2]
blitz is good for this sort if game. You will find out that debug mode is way slower than non-windowed mode just because the drawing and collision routines become so damn slow.

Boulderdash(Posted 2005) [#3]
I read that executables are slower when made in
debug mode also.

Moses(Posted 2005) [#4]
... Debug mode is not ment to be enabled when distributing your exe, it does make things slower because it's used for.. ah.. debugging your applications, there's some extra stuff going on in the background. Turn debug on while your debugging... looking for errors in your code, it can help you catch some of it, other times it will just lead you in the right direction and sometimes neither :)

Ross C(Posted 2005) [#5]
If your doing a tilemap game and want to speed up the collisions, use rectsoverlap, instead imagescollided(). Far far faster if your doing alot of collisions :o) Don't call imagewidth and imageheight either if you can help it. Miner speed up really if there's not many collisions happening, but handy if your doing alot :o)

Grey Alien(Posted 2005) [#6]
I Have selected a windows graphic mode so while developing the
code, I dont have to wait for the monitor to change over
to fullscreen display which takes more time.

I mentioned debug mode as your screen shot appeared to be windowed and I know that it is damn slow compared to full screen. I develop in debug mode so a) it's windowed and I don't have to wait for the monitor to change and b) it picks up any crashes and displays them. Then I often do big tests in full screen mode when I am sure any new code is stable.

Ross C(Posted 2005) [#7]
You can debug in full screen mode, but it's rather pointless as you can't see the debugger...