Degu Degu

Community Forums/Showcase/Degu Degu

CyBeRGoth(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hi

I have taken a break from blitz for the last few months for various personal reasons, but here I am again ;)

I decided to crack on with my DeguDegu puzzle game, redoing most of it from scratch,
I have uploaded an early version for you all to test. No animation yet, no scores or anything like that,
I just want to see how it runs.

Basically get from the bottom of the screen to the top using the correct sequence (Red, Green Blue, Yellow)
In the actual finished game this sequence will be given to you briefly, a bit like the old 'simon says' game.

If you touch a 'bad degu' you will have to fight using the Degu's age old tradition of 'Rock, Paper, Scissors' I trust you all know how to play that :)

Press Space if you get stuck, C to change cameras.

You can download it here ~ 1.50 meg

Http://www.fire-bat-software.co.uk/degudegutest.zip

Cheers

fredborg(Posted 2005) [#2]
What's the deal with that red jerk, winning over me in paper scissors rock???

You really need to show the sequence of colors before the game starts, and a hint thingy would be good. It looks nice and cute, but the waterfall could use a blue tint instead of grey.

The camera could be positioned better. Oh, and it's quite fun :)

Clarks(Posted 2005) [#3]
nice little game, nothing happens when i make it to the other side

Erroneouss(Posted 2005) [#4]
This is the funnest game I've ever played!! Its so fun, it made me just use improper English! I love this game!!!!

GfK(Posted 2005) [#5]
I don't get this at all... every square I stand on, I fall straight through.

[edit] n/m - figured it out. It does need to give you a hint about which square to go for next, though.

Also, sort of agree with fredborg's 'water' comment - the waterfall colour is just too different from the colour of the water below.

I just edited the graphics in photoshop - 0,0,255 colour overlay with 20% opacity, looks much better. No time to post a pic of it tho - going out in a min. :)

CyBeRGoth(Posted 2005) [#6]
Cheers guys

As i said this is only a test, in the final game you will get a quick flash of the correct sequence before starting the level, a bit like the old Simon Sais pattern following game, so it might flash up R,G,G,B,Y so you know the sequence.

You can press C to change cameras, the best angle is top down i think as the game was originally intended for 2D, hell i might make a 2D version for blitzmax ;)

Yup I had thought about changing the waterfall sprite to be more tropical blue.

Nothing happens when you reach the other side because theres nothing else to do yet :P

slenkar(Posted 2005) [#7]
not the kind of game I would have expected from a goth

Jeroen(Posted 2005) [#8]
NICE, looks polished already :P

Rook Zimbabwe(Posted 2005) [#9]
SLOW... SLOW.... Slower than molasses moving uphill in the winter...