Screen War

Community Forums/Showcase/Screen War

Liberator(Posted 2005) [#1]
These are some screenshots from my latest screen saver. I've always wanted a screen saver that played exactly like a game, but simply removed the user. Nearly 3 years after the initial 2D version, Screen War is back with a cool 3D makeover and features more vehicles than ever!

The full version can be downloaded here:
http://www.liberationgames.com/Screen%20War%20Install.exe

Though I am done working on this project, I always welcome feedback.

semar(Posted 2005) [#2]
Impressive !

John Pickford(Posted 2005) [#3]
That looks pretty cool. Seems a shame not to make a game out of it.

ckob(Posted 2005) [#4]
yes you should make a game from this

Picklesworth(Posted 2005) [#5]
I agree.
Very nice soldiers there :) They look great with the distance from the camera!

RGR(Posted 2005) [#6]
No blood patch needed ;-) great work.
To make it perfect you should add an easy collision detection. I saw soldiers walking comfortably through tanks and tanks gliding through each other. This can be fixed with only some lines of code.

Liberator(Posted 2005) [#7]
Thanks for the replies all. =)

RaGR - I don't know why I didn't add collision, I guess because the tanks and whatnot aren't programmed to navigate around things....how awful would it be if using some basic radius collision they were "pushed" around the other tanks and troops? It wouldn’t be as convincing as the vehicles actually turning, and navigating around one another, but it would be a lot more satisfying than watching a 20 ton tank casually drive right through other tanks haha.

Caff(Posted 2005) [#8]
You should definitely turn this into a full-blown game, kind of like Cannon Fodder on steroids.

Matt2222(Posted 2005) [#9]
I'll write you some music if you turn this into a game. :)

-Matt Gilg

WolRon(Posted 2005) [#10]
And here I thought a 'screen' 'saver' wasn't supposed to display static images...