Seamless Texture Generator website back up!

Community Forums/Showcase/Seamless Texture Generator website back up!

sswift(Posted 2005) [#1]
Just a note to let you know the the website is back up.

Also, I thought you might like to know that a free upgrade is scheduled to be released in a few days which addresses some issues, has some interface improvements, and adds a bunch of image enhancement features like sharpening.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#2]
Very nice app. I think this is going to save me lot of time!
Besides - do you know if the share-it ddos troubles are over now? They say most of the attackers IPs where from Hong Kong. Imagine - Hong Kong Botmasters doing their business - all of a sudden chackie chan enters the room. kaboom. Why didn't they make a movie about it yet. Oops, off topic :)

sswift(Posted 2005) [#3]
Share*It has been updating its users regularly on the status, and they said yesterday that they're back up and running with 10x the bandwidth on new servers. :-)

maximo(Posted 2005) [#4]
Hi swift, are sales as good as before, increasing or descreasing or stady?

Psionic(Posted 2005) [#5]
Just wanna say I'm looking forward to the update Swift!! I made about 30-40 textures seemless in an hour or so when I first bought it, great stuff ;-)

sswift(Posted 2005) [#6]
maximo:
It's kind of hard to say, but I think sales dropped off a bit, and I haven't sold any copies since the 18th because of the website problems.

Hopefully these updates I'm working on will boost sales a bit and sales will continue at this rate indefinitely.

TheMan(Posted 2005) [#7]
Hi swift, I tried the demo and I'm impressed. also it costs lesser than any seamless texture program available around ..... So, just now I bought the pro version and I'm waiting for my copy....
Thanks

sswift(Posted 2005) [#8]
I sent your copy off a few minutes ago.

Grey Alien(Posted 2005) [#9]
I too am looking forward to the update of an already great program. (any of my suggestions make it)? Guess I'll just have to wait and see.

sswift(Posted 2005) [#10]
I dunno what were your suggestions? :-)

Shagwana(Posted 2005) [#11]
Mr sswift care to let the right mouse button scroll the display (sort of grab and drag) for productive reasons, esp when editing massive photos!. (Like the texture popper).

Also in the Pro version, im unable to save .bmp images - looks like it gets messed up with the .jpg code somehow

sswift(Posted 2005) [#12]
Shag:
That file save issue has been fixed already. The problem was that the Blitzplus documentation is woefully inadequate as far as the load and save file dialogs go, and because of that I didn't format the string for the file types correctly, and as a result, not all files of a particular type were showing, and if you did not enter the extension the file dialog would not automatically add it, and would instead add the jpeg extension!

I have emailed you the corrected version.

Basically here was the problem:

If you want multiple file types in a file string, you might do it like so:

"*.jpg,.jpeg,.png,.gif"

For some reason Blitzplus requires you to have a * on the first extension in that list, but not on any of the others. If you have a * on any of the others, they won't make those files display in the file window!

Well I wanted a dialog that listed multiple file types, and the Blitzplus documentation doesn't tell you how to do that but someone here told me that you can use the semicolon to seperate the filenames to do that.

So I did something like this:

"*.jpg,.jpeg;.png;.gif"

But that was wrong. Though that displayed:
*.Jpg, .Jpeg
.Png
.Gif

In the file type dropdown box in the file dialog, it would not actually display all the png files in the current directory for example, or automatically append the png to the end of the filename.

It turns out the right way to do the file extensions is like so:
"*.jpg,.jpeg;*.png;*.gif"

So you have to put a * on the front of the first extension after each semicolon or else it doesn't work right.

sswift(Posted 2005) [#13]
As for scrolling the window with the right mouse button, using shift or control plus left click would be a more standard wya of doing it, but I'll have to see about that. I had that in at one point and I took it out because it didn't work right or something. It's been requested by a few people I think so I'll see about getting that back in.

Amon_old(Posted 2005) [#14]
Hey what about me? I cant save as jpg or anyother format without it getting corrupted. Its getting on my nerves.

Picklesworth(Posted 2005) [#15]
Wow you've done quite well with this :)
Good job!

D4NM4N(Posted 2005) [#16]
nice one, ill buy it soon as i sell my next copy of jetscream :)

Grey Alien(Posted 2005) [#17]
sswift: I emailed you all those suggestions a week or two back, but don't worry I'l just check out the new version. How do I get it? Glad to see the file dialog problem I mentioned is fixed as I wanna save as bmp.

cheerz

sswift(Posted 2005) [#18]
Grey:
All you have to do to save as BMP is put .bmp on the end of the filename. :-)

When the new version is released, I'll send it out to everyone on the mailing list, so you will get it automatically.

Still working on it though. I may release an interim version because I still haven't gotten in a bunch of the image adjustment functions, and those will probably take another week or so after I finish up what I'm currently fixing.

Shagwana(Posted 2005) [#19]
I have emailed you the corrected version

As of yet my email box is still empty, could be because i was having problems with it a while ago. Could you please send again.

sswift(Posted 2005) [#20]
Sent again to the email address listed in your user profile.