G.L.E.T released Opensource

Community Forums/Showcase/G.L.E.T released Opensource

ckob(Posted 2005) [#1]
In case anyone out there cares the author of G.L.E.T gave me permission to release the source code open source so here it is.

http://www.navisaer.com/gletsite/

have fun

AdrianT(Posted 2005) [#2]
Hey that looks pretty cool :)BLitz needs a good editor and this ones free with source.

Very generous :)

Picklesworth(Posted 2005) [#3]
!!!!!!!!!!

:)

Naughty Alien(Posted 2005) [#4]
..very nice..but I didnt suceed with running source within Blitz3D..anyone else try it? I load in to blitz3d G.L.E.T .bb and I get this error message 'api_getdoubleclicktime' not found' .. so, anyone suceed with this already or it is not exactly 'full' source...

Snarkbait(Posted 2005) [#5]
It seems to run incredibly slow.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2005) [#6]
Snarkbait, wich file you run and did you make any additional settings, installation or something??

Naughty Alien(Posted 2005) [#7]
its working..I forgot to copy DECLS in to userlib folder...nice and its not slow at all..

Uber Lieutenant(Posted 2005) [#8]
GLET? I never heard that name used for it. So XWorld is free? Sweet!

Sterling(Posted 2005) [#9]
Yep this was formaly Xworld, its an excellent editor and I am VERY excited to get my hands on the source, it was a shame to see Xworld discontinued because it really is polished, by far the best world editor I have found and at an amazing price.

I've actually started using Xworld to create the maps/levels for my super secret up and coming puzzle/action game which is coming along very nicely. :)

ckob(Posted 2005) [#10]
yeah im not sure why its running slow for you snarkbait, I have run it without a problem and no one else seems to experience it *shrugs* not sure man

Ricky Smith(Posted 2005) [#11]
Excellent editor with source to boot - many thanks !

ckob(Posted 2005) [#12]
just to keep everyone informed, I've submitted this to sourceforge and am waiting approval. Once thats done ill set up a cvs for anyone who wants to add anything to it

Ricky Smith(Posted 2005) [#13]
Just a note - The Xlnt ii Gui Lib is included in the source. Is this the the full version ? If so, is this ok ? cos the full version is 15$ to register.

http://www.blitzbasic.com/toolbox/toolbox.php?tool=72

ckob(Posted 2005) [#14]
*shrugs* im not sure its not my source but I'll email then and see thanks for the heads up

ckob(Posted 2005) [#15]
I've emailed the creator of XLnt ii , however his license states
Non-Registered License

Users who have not registered are limited in their use of the XLnt ii GUI library. They may not release ANY software created using, or containing, XLnt ii code. This restriction applies to all programs and source code - FreeWare, Public Domain, ShareWare, or Commercial Software.
Non-registered users may make feature/update requests but registered users' requests will always take precedence.
Only registered users will have access to the most current features and updates.

Im taking down the links until I get the official word.

Uber Lieutenant(Posted 2005) [#16]
Just when I realized that GLET would be perfect for the PersistentWorld3D project (for a multi-user online map editor) and maybe it would be better to modify GLET rather than do an editor from scratch and never get anywhere. Yappy better give an OK to GLET's release, and if he doesn't maybe the editor can be converted to another GUI lib (which means lots of extra work).

ckob(Posted 2005) [#17]
well if yappy doesnt give the ok ill just strip the library out of the download and provide a link to his site. I'm still waiting for his approval so I hope the email he uses on these forums is one he checks.

Uber Lieutenant(Posted 2005) [#18]
Well, just strip the library out of the download and provide a link to his site, then. If you do that there's no reason to keep it from being open-source.

Ricky Smith(Posted 2005) [#19]
Glet is really nicely thought out and cleverly implemented. Very modular code allowing easy modifications. Excellent 3d gizmos, menu system and comprehensive viewport layouts.
The unlimited undo/redo using xml nodes and a scripting system kicks ass.

15$ to register Xlnt is a small price to pay .

ckob(Posted 2005) [#20]
edited the site downloads are back up with xlnt II out of the install

Uber Lieutenant(Posted 2005) [#21]
Thanks a bunch!

ckob(Posted 2005) [#22]
no probs, im not sure whats up with Yappy about xlntII I emailed his email address thats in his profile and never heard anything back. I was hoping I wouldnt have to strip out the GUI because it makes it a little harder for people to use but oh well...

joncom2000(Posted 2005) [#23]
Anyone who doesn't have xlnt ii can download it from Yappy's site www.xlnt.co.uk as it is available to download, you just have to abide by the agreement or as smiff mentioned pay $15 to register it.

ckob(Posted 2005) [#24]
yep, links are on the site now

Yappy(Posted 2005) [#25]
sorry - away from a pc for ages. permission to distribute xlnt ii granted for this project.

Clarks(Posted 2005) [#26]
i wonder why he stopped development

Ricky Smith(Posted 2005) [#27]
Thanks Yappy !

ckob(Posted 2005) [#28]
thank you yappy

Ziltch(Posted 2005) [#29]
Thanks.

This is just what Blitz needed!!

Ziltch(Posted 2005) [#30]
Thanks.

This is just what Blitz needed!!

Uber Lieutenant(Posted 2005) [#31]
I think Palev modified the XLnt ii library (namely, the GUI_FRAME function) so using the official release of XLnt won't work. I removed the extra parameter Palev used in all his GUI_FRAME calls and now I get a Memory Access Violation, so the modified library is needed.

sampyxis(Posted 2005) [#32]
Hi all - I'm just now getting to my project - and this GLET sounds like the perfect editor.

The download links are no longer working - anyway to point me to another loacation?

Thanks

Jeroen(Posted 2005) [#33]
URL doesnt work :(

Doggie(Posted 2005) [#34]
Yeah, darn it...

Iamhere(Posted 2005) [#35]
here XWorld 3D, GLET is the same, it was only renamed.
XWorld is without SourceCode.

http://www.freewebs.com/kefir/