Skyviewer + Free Skies

Community Forums/Showcase/Skyviewer + Free Skies

Doiron(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hi there,
As you may have noticed from the news, I've just released both Wonderful Skies (an environment pack which contains twelve different 360° skies both in skybox and spheremap format) and Skyviewer (a free tool which lets you preview these environments in realtime and create various 2D backgrounds based on the skies above).

Skyviewer is a realtime viewer for 360° environments. The program was created in order to preview skyboxes and spheremaps in realtime, though its use can be extended to any kind of 360° background, and it currently supports spheremaps and skyboxes.

The program allows you to organize your skies and to load a spheremap or a skybox of your choice with a single click instead of having to manually assign each face. Finally, you can alter the sky by changing its contrast and color, and then save the resulting image as a 2D background. For more information about Skyviewer just download the program and read the "help.htm" file in the archive, its full featured manual.

Finally, the package also includes two free skies (Big Cumulus Day, Small Cumulus Night) taken from Wonderful Skies, which are completely free both for personal or commercial use.

That's not an essential app, but I'm sure it can be useful (and anyway I needed a tool to preview my skies on :) ). Any feedback is welcome!

You can download for free Skyviewer + Two Skies and look at the screenshots from here:
Break-In Studios - Skyviewer + Two Skies

SillyPutty(Posted 2005) [#2]
nice job, now i just need to get paid ! :)

Caff(Posted 2005) [#3]
Looks ok, but the moon in the Small Cumulus Night is definitely elliptical...

Doiron(Posted 2005) [#4]
Looks ok, but the moon in the Small Cumulus Night is definitely elliptical...

mmh... it seems I didn't correct the aspect ratio very well in the spheremap version. The skybox one though is well done. I'll correct this small glitch as soon as possible.

Doiron(Posted 2005) [#5]
Here it is the updated spheremap:
Small Cumulus, Night (Spheremap)

It's almost the only image which needed this kind of 2D retouching (for the moon), so there aren't graphical issues on the other skies.

Red Ocktober(Posted 2005) [#6]
of course it's elliptical... it's gotta be applied to a skybox or skyshphere doesn't it....

(just asking :) )

--Mike

Zmatrix(Posted 2005) [#7]
looks good :)

*trys to remember paypal login*...lol

Zmatrix

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#8]
Thanks a lot, very nice work.

Ross C(Posted 2005) [#9]
Oh... pretty ^_^. Looks cool man. prolly get that soon!

DH(Posted 2005) [#10]
hmmm, reminds me of KPT sky effects.