Death Derby Vengeance

Community Forums/Showcase/Death Derby Vengeance

earok(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hi there,

My first proper Blitz 3D project, "Death Derby Vengance", is now online (first demo) at my website. Since its only the first release of my first game it is crappy and bugged (and the code is a real hack job most of the way) but it is quite fun for a few minutes at least.

http:\\erik.generalsmack.com

--
Erik Hogan

Stevie G(Posted 2005) [#2]
Your not selling the game too well ....

Since its only the first release of my first game it is crappy and bugged (and the code is a real hack job most of the way) but it is quite fun for a few minutes at least.

Have you got any screenshots?

GfK(Posted 2005) [#3]
I agree with Stevie G. With a sales pitch like that, I'm not even going to bother.

I think an ideal song for the game would be "Smoke off the water" by Deep Purple.
Umm... Smoke on the Water was better, imho.

Perturbatio(Posted 2005) [#4]
for screenshots look here: http://erik.generalsmack.com/ddv.htm

earok(Posted 2005) [#5]
Sorry, I guess I should have put this topic in the Blitz3D Beginners area instead of showcase. Im a complete newbie to Blitz3D and I was really looking for some advice for what I should do with my first game and how best to achieve that.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2005) [#6]
hey Earok...dont worry about critics here...just continue your work man..everyone here was on begin and trust me I am not sure that they produce some 'state of the art game' in their beginings...continue your work, improove yourself and one day you will sell your games...go forward man...go forward..

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#7]
The game concept seems to be very funny. I don't know how complete your game engine is, but if it once works, it will be pretty cool. Of course, you still need some level design. But I think a good gameplay is a better start than a good level design. Keep it up.

earok(Posted 2005) [#8]
Thanks JFK, the engine is still only in the very early versions, and theres still countless additions and alterations I intend to make, but hopefully later on it will be an entertaining game.

*(Posted 2005) [#9]
I will wait for the un-bugged version :).

With a sales pitch like that I would hate to think what the complaints department is like LOL j/k ;)