Tank Universal

Community Forums/Showcase/Tank Universal

MadJack(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hi all

Been working on level content for Tank Universal; a volcanic level (what fantasy tank game is complete without a volcanic level?)

The texturing's still all over the place, but again ParticleCandy comes to the rescue I think.
Volcano:

Been trying for some varied gameplay situations. In this level, the player has to hunt down a single opponent tank. But the tank can teleport and fire very powerful salvos from long distances. So the player has to use cover effectively, charge up shots and pick the best time. Also the enemy will occasionaly call in an airstrike.

Again, the texturing's still provisional, but these are virus eggs. They're sensitive to movement and weapons blast. Get too close and move too much and they shake violently.

Too much movement (or a shell lands nearby) the eggs open and release these little buggers. They'll chase and jump up on a tank, suck shields, fall off and lay another egg. Which can open to release another virus. Things can quickly get out of hand, but they're quite fun, particularly when they're causing the enemy problems.

Jimbob(Posted 2005) [#2]
Dunno if it's just my gamma setting...but it looks overly dark so that I can't make out most of the features. :S
The virus thing sounds pretty cool though.

Mustang(Posted 2005) [#3]

player has to hunt down a single opponent tank. But the tank can teleport and fire very powerful salvos from long distances. So the player has to use cover effectively, charge up shots and pick the best time. Also the enemy will occasionaly call in an airstrike.

*Gulp* - sounds really tough mission, are you sure that this isn't too hard? BTW, your screenshots show up OK, not too dark or anythng on my laptop here.

mrtricks(Posted 2005) [#4]
Looks great! Can't wait to play a demo.

Jeremy Alessi(Posted 2005) [#5]
Looks dark to me as well.

ICECAP(Posted 2005) [#6]
I found that LCD displays show these kind of pics way better than crts.

Looks good here.

MadJack(Posted 2005) [#7]
Mustang

The player's shields regen fairly quickly, the enemy's not too accurate, and there is cover, so I think it's challenging, but not too tough (but stay away from the bugs!)

As for the screens being dark, that's intentional around the volcano (drifting clouds, lava pools) where the enemy likes to hide when low on shields.