Celestial calendar

Community Forums/Showcase/Celestial calendar

BlackJumper(Posted 2005) [#1]
This is a program I made as an 'eCard' for the Vernal Equinox last year. It was my first attempt at a screensaver (thanks Grisu) and also at using a Borland C-Builder front end to create resources for a Blitz demo.

For anyone who is interested in understanding the whole Vernal Equinox deal, this is the screensaver. It uses a spheremap from spacegraphics.com that I haven't cleared permission for, so please do not distribute. This should install a screensaver (Equinox.scr)to your Windows folder (including a folder called EquinoxResources) and a widget to set your own dates (ControlPanel.exe)

The whole thing should be accessible through the Display control panel in Windows. {I seem to remember a problem with the Borland RunTime dll, but it was a long time ago...}

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#2]
celestial? I have no idea, but it's looking like a nice screensaver.

BlackJumper(Posted 2005) [#3]
Thanks jfk. Did you manage to use the Control panel to change the dates that appear ? I don't have any test machines here that don't have Borland libraries installed, so I can't tell if there are dll dependencies I need to fix.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#4]
Didn't test the control panel yet. right now I can't test it. You should setup a dummy partition on your machine for such tests (try paragon partition manager, seen for free)