HTServer

Community Forums/Showcase/HTServer

Andres(Posted 2005) [#1]
HTServer is an easy to use HTTP server. At the beginning i made that program for my own use due to slow transfer rate of MSNM and some more issues. Now i've developed it far enough to show it to others who might be interested in it.

Download: www.oat.ee/andres/projects/htserver.exe

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#2]
looks pretty good.

Andres(Posted 2005) [#3]
Here's something about the program to whet your appetite! :D

* System tray
* List for blocking IPs
* Directory indexing to share files easily
* Client limiter
* Speed limiter
* Server status - Online time, clients online
* Full log list
* Configurable Keep-Alive delay, Header saving, User-Agent info displaying and more
* Seeking possibility
* Kicking
* IPUpdating - easy to interact it with PHP scripts

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#4]
Is it written in Blitzplus?

regaa(Posted 2005) [#5]
nice, however it cant handle more than html. Is it opensource?

Andres(Posted 2005) [#6]

Is it written in Blitzplus?

Yes, It's written in BlitzPlus

nice, however it cant handle more than html. Is it opensource?

This is a HTTP server wich means that it uses HTTP protocol for file transfers. It can handle/transfer any file. You can even stream songs to Winamp or elsewhere. Web browswers like Firefox and Internet Explorer are handeling HTMLs not HTTP servers. HTServer just sends the content of a file to client who requested it. HTServer doesn't support any modules (yet). HTServer isn't opensource, atleast not yet.

nawi(Posted 2005) [#7]
I think what he meant that it doesnt support PHP/Perl etc

Andres(Posted 2005) [#8]
Like i said: HTServer doesn't support any modules

regaa(Posted 2005) [#9]
then i'll wait until it 'll do :) .

Andres(Posted 2006) [#10]
Here is the source code for HTServer 1.7 (not finished version). I tried to add PHP module support for it but not successfully.

OJay(Posted 2006) [#11]
regaa (Posted 1 year ago)
then i'll wait until it 'll do :) .

Andres (Posted 47 minutes ago)
Here is the source code for HTServer 1.7 (not finished version). I tried to add PHP module support for it but not successfully.

lol, nice one :D

thanks

Andres(Posted 2006) [#12]
I just didn't have much free time to program and ofcourse i add other projects too.

XtremeCoder(Posted 2007) [#13]
it doesnt seem to work on other remote computers? i set it to http server and i added the files to the folder. i checked my firewall and they seem to be allowing it... i tried multiple remote computers?
or is it only for LAN connected computers?

Andres(Posted 2007) [#14]
It works well over internet. Make sure you're not behind a router or something. You must have public IP or port forwarded to your computer. Is the port opened you are using?

Andres(Posted 2007) [#15]
[sorry]

Andres(Posted 2007) [#16]
[sorry]

XtremeCoder(Posted 2007) [#17]
port 80, umm i dont have a router or anything like that, cable direct hook up... idk what it is, only works on my computer though.. idk ill look into a firewall setting or something..

Loktar(Posted 2007) [#18]
Most cable companies block port 80 so you cant host web servers

OJay(Posted 2007) [#19]
you'll have to use your external ip, not your internal:
http://whatismyip.com/

using that one, your pc should be available to external networks (e.g. the internet)