WIP - Industrika

Community Forums/Showcase/WIP - Industrika

Jimbob(Posted 2005) [#1]

A couple of screens to get you started. It's a 2D shoot-em-up but not in the same way most are played. It is horizontally scrolling around a repeatable area (aka Defender) but with links to other areas of the city hidden in the bases you have to destroy. Some features planned:

- 6/7 Areas to Jetpack through
- Over 10 enemy types
- Upgradeable Weapons and Jets
- Extra Time Attack and Extreme modes
- ...and possibly more.

I hope to finish this rather quickly so it won't be a huge game, but there will be a high-score table and the unlocked modes for some extra replayability.

So far I have completed the backgrounds for 4 of the areas and designed all of the sprites (not animated tho). I have almost completed an Area editor and I have done the main movement/parallax/loading code.

The screens above are just mockups at the moment but I will soon be able to get a few fuller in-game shots.

BlitzSupport(Posted 2005) [#2]
I really like the graphics on this one, and it sounds pretty good too. The only possible downside I'd mention is that the green guy looks just a bit too much like a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle for comfort!

JustLuke(Posted 2005) [#3]
Looks nice but too "busy". I'd lower the contrast of the backround or blur it slightly so that the foreground objects don't get lost in it.

Erroneouss(Posted 2005) [#4]
I think it looks awesome!

xlsior(Posted 2005) [#5]
The only possible downside I'd mention is that the green guy looks just a bit too much like a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle for comfort!

That was my first thought as well.

Of course this would be easily remedied by changing his suite to either blue or red, or use a different shade of green.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#6]
nice clean desing. Probably some outlines should use antialiased lines. Not sure of that.

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2005) [#7]
*1 more vote for TurtleIsm.

Looks great though!!!

Jimbob(Posted 2005) [#8]
Haha, I've also heard it looks like the Halo guy as well.
Yeh, the backgrounds do need to be a little less apparent.
Thanks for the comments.

_PJ_(Posted 2005) [#9]
Yeah. Cowabunga, dude!

Seriously though - it looks clear and colourful!

Réno(Posted 2005) [#10]
I like the style ! It looks like NEC games ;)

rsbrowndog(Posted 2005) [#11]
Like it. Like it a lot!

Cheers,

Ryan

fredborg(Posted 2005) [#12]
Looks cute...I like the way the 'flying hams' in the top image seem to stay still when I scroll the browser window :D

rsbrowndog(Posted 2005) [#13]
I like the way the 'flying hams' in the top image seem to stay still when I scroll the browser window :D

Hey, yeah! That IS cool!!!!

Cheers,

Ryan